Sr. Maintenance Mechanic 1Location Novato, California Apply
The Senior Mechanic 1 will provide a high level of skill sets to assist in maintaining and repairing systems and equipment used to produce pharmaceutical drug products and provide overall support for GMP facilities operations. Be able to provide solutions to complex facility operation and maintenance situations. Collaborates with other departments using good communication skills, verbal and written. Coordinate and lead entry level facility improvement and repair projects.
Responsible for the operation and preventive maintenance (per SOP requirements) of water systems (IW, RO/DI, WFI),pumps, pure steam generators, plant steam boilers, air compressors, vacuum systems, chillers,HVAC, and waste neutralization systems. Responsibilities also include performing Preventive Maintenance and repairs on process equipment such as UF/DF, TFF, chromatography columns, autoclaves, parts washers,and miscellaneous equipment that supports the manufacturing facility. Ensure all utility systems and utility sub-systems at BioMarin are operated and maintained in the following manner:
- Ensure all assigned PM’s and WO’s are completed in a timely manner.
- SME on a minimum of 3 systems (utilities or process)
- Identify mechanical malfunctions and implement corrective actions.
- Assist in the completion of Quality Deviations and other Quality Control actions.
- Assist in completion of Quality Assurance Change Requests when required.
- Ensure daily planned inspections of facilities equipment and services are performed. Take actions as needed.
- Complete Shift Transition Log to assure adequate review of alarms or other operating conditions or instructions.
- Lead mechanics on various projects including plumbing, electrical, and mechanical.
- Provide oversite and training to entry level mechanics.
- Assist with writing, redlining, and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting, evaluation, and repair of complex equipment and process control systems.
- Coordinate with outside contractors as necessary. Assure contractor compliance with EH&S requirements (waste disposal, hot work permits, confined space, LOTO, etc. and Contractor Technical Certifications program).
- Maintain detailed and accurate records as necessary in order to maintain GMP and department procedure compliance.
- Lead mechanics in start-up of new mechanical systems when required.
- Provide Job Safety Analysis (JSA) in maintenance area when required.
- Participate in teams and upkeep of data elements for the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Participate on the BioMarin Emergency Response Team (BERT).
- Other projects/tasks as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Ensure all FAC/MFG are up to date on what is going on in with the facilities equipment sending utilities update on a daily basis.
- Cogeneration experience required.
High school diploma
Journeyman skill level in a trade.
5+ years’ experience biotech field.