Sr. Financial Analyst - TOPSLocation Novato, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This role will support the Technical Operations (TOPS) FP&A team, specifically Global Manufacturing. Leading the operational needs of the TOPS FP&A organization through report creation, template preparation, analysis, and monthly close support.
In this fast-paced and high-exposure role, you will interact with senior leaders and finance teams throughout the organization to meet our deliverables.
- Consolidation of Global Manufacturing
- Prepares all monthly financial variance reports for distribution to Novato Manufacturing, Contract Manufacturing, and Global Manufacturing
- Prepares and distributes all monthly headcount reporting
- Responsible for pre-population of all Global Manufacturing monthly, quarterly, and annual PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist in preparation of TOPS financial results, including preparation of management reports and deliverables to Corporate FP&A and Sr. Executive and Board of Directors meeting materials.
- Assist in development and maintenance of key performance metrics for analyzing business and team performance
- Maintain and improve planning tools, reports and processes
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as needed, and research areas of analysis (self-driven)
- Support Business Partners
- Work with the business to develop the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and 5-year plan
- Build partnerships with the business and influence decisions
- Perform analysis to inform future cost models or support decisions; this includes ad-hoc support and analysis & participation in critical business projects
- Monthly management reporting on actuals and expected forecast
- 2-3+ years of FP&A experience
- Experience using OLAP Cubes (TM1, Essbase, etc.) preferably Hyperion. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). MS Project experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; effective at communicating across all levels in the organization
- Strong organizational skills to meet tight deadlines
- Enjoys a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective on teams as well as individually
- Results driven, adaptable, flexible, and creative in developing new improvement ideas and solutions
Desired Behaviors Required:
- Be Positive
- Results Oriented
- Strategic and critical thinking, able to absorb facts and use reason and logic to make recommendations and approaches to solving problems
- Ability to support decisions through analysis and influence; must be flexible, quick-learner and adapt quickly to company’s rapid pace of growth and change
BS in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related area of study
Advanced degree, CPA, or MBA a plus
Required: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience using OLAP Cubes (TM1, Essbase, etc.)
Desired: Hyperion Essbase, SmartView, and Oracle
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.