Research Associate 2- Chemical, Drug Product and Devices Technologies (CPDT)Location Novato, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
Title:Research Associate 2- Chemical, Drug Product and Devices Technologies (CPDT)
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Research Associate 2 role will support the team by generating high quality data while executing both routine testing and more complex, exploratory research projects. In addition, the candidate is expected to lead certain aspects of projects independently including experimental design, execution, interpretation of results, drafting of technical documents, and communication of data to stakeholders through oral presentations
- Employ advanced skills in the design and analysis of complex development studies
- Expeditiously executes experimental work to meet project goals and timelines
- Utilize a diverse array of analytical instruments and methods to characterize proteins, viral vectors, and oligonucleotides
- Provide formulation support to R&D for drug safety and pharmacological studies in animal models
- Help define the level of difficulty needed to formulate various drug candidates into clinical and commercial dosage forms
- Conduct physicochemical and biophysical characterization of lead drug candidates
- Technical expertise and significant experience in a broad range of basic and specialized methods
- Ability to take a leadership role in groups and influence others effectively
- Develop liquid and lyophilized formulations and drug delivery systems
- Disseminate research and development work in writing or oral presentation as needed
- Maintain good documentation and assist in the preparation of presentations, patents, IND and BLA/NDA documentation
- Ability to manage projects of significant complexity is required
- Expected to adhere to Good Scientific Practices, and SOPs
- Develop the technical skills of junior staff
- Stronganalytical skillsand instrument troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to employ various analytical methods such as UNcle (TBCI), MFI, CO2 Headspace Analyzer, Liquid Chromatography (ion-exchange, affinity, reverse phase, hydrophobic), Electron Microscopy (Scanning and Transmission), Karl Fisher Titration, Spectrometry, Fluorimetry, gel electrophoresis, etc. to screen and characterize drug products
- Attention to detail and effective organizational skills
- Able to use computers effectively for data analysis and presentation
- Excellent communication skills, strong ability to present results in both oral and written formats
- Be a team player
B.S. in a science related field plus 4years experienceor MS with 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical setting
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.