Research Associate 1Location Novato, California Workstyle Onsite Only Apply
Title: RA1 or RA2, Cell Culture Process Development
Employee Type: FTE
Location: United States - Novato, California
The Cell Culture Process Development department at BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. is seeking to fill a full-time position for aResearch Associatein upstream research and development. The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a team focusing on optimizing production of recombinant viral vectors for the company’s gene therapy programs.
- Buffer and media preparation
- Cell line maintenance, expansion, transfection
- Production, harvest, and purification of viral material
- Perform associated analytical assays
- Diligently document the results
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment; be willing to accept responsibilities outside of the initial job description
- Handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Closely interact with other team members; develop internal and external collaborations
- Present results and conclusions in group and department meetings; write reports
- Good working knowledge of chemistry and biochemistry principles
- Aseptic culturing technique
- Hands-on experience in suspension or adherent cells culturing
- Critical thinking, data analysis and interpretation skills
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with mammalian cell cultures, metabolite measurement, cell count and viability measurements
- Working knowledge of rAAV production process, transfection
- Experience with any of the following analytical techniques: flow cytometry, ddPCR/qPCR, Western Blotting, ELISA, Bio-Layer Interferometry (Octet), total protein assay, cell based assays.
- Knowledge of Ambrbioreactor operation is a plus
- Knowledge of JMPsoftwareand Design of Experiments principles is a plus
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or in a related field with 2+years of experience in a cell culture laboratory.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years or Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience in industrial research and development.