Master Black BeltLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Building on the OE plan that has been developed across TOPS, work with all stakeholders to build& maintain an effectiveSix Sigma program across TOPS over the next three years.
The MBB will work with the business to agree an overall set of principles that will serve to underpin the workings of a new Six Sigma program. Once completed, the MBB will develop content (with external vendor support) that will be suitable for future needs across TOPS over the coming years. The program can then be deployed and managed across TOPS, led by the MBB and focusing on current and latent business needs to support our long terms strategic targets in 2025 and beyond.
The role will report into the head of Business Process Improvement (BPI).
- Work with TOPS leadership to help it understand how Six Sigma can tackle and resolve key business challenges. Codify our Six Sigma strategy for TOPS.
- Work with the business to create specific goals where Six Sigma can be utilized best and lead the business to meet those goals.
- Develop & maintain a system for deployment and coaching of a Six Sigma program.
- Build capability & knowledge of Six Sigma across TOPS but focus efforts on groups that will have most impact in the longer term. Build a network of Six Sigma expertise over time.
- Coach green and black belts in their projects & initiatives. Create coaching capability over time to expand influence.
- From time to time, be available support acute business issues that would benefit from the oversight ofMBB expertise.
- Be a champion for the Six Sigma approach.
- Cognitive capability – Ability to learn quickly and to be able to share those learnings to wider colleagues in a way that is understandable.
- Ownership and Accountability – Takes accountability for actions, drives results, and able to learn from mistakes. Delivers on promises, goals, and expectations. Makes quality decisions and resolves problems with minimal delay as appropriate. Asks “what can I do to help?”
- Collaborative Leadership - Ability to influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to consensus/alignment. High tolerance for ambiguity and able to create order from chaos. Builds credibility through solid relationships and solid track record of results.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively up and down, at all levels of the organization, present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity. Ability to draft and deliver clear and concise procedures or business process documents.
- Planning/Organization - Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and adapt. Able to synthesize large amounts of information. Able to deliver results despite shifting environment.
- Analytical Problem Solving – Ability to identify problems, define problem statement clearly and accurately and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify data-driven root causes. Innovative and effective in solution development, risk mitigation, and execution.
- Science or Engineering background required, ideally with some Business background preferred but not essential.
- Must be a qualified Master Black Belt.
- Must have a proven track record in deployment of a Six Sigma program in a previous company.
- Must have a demonstrated track record in driving performance through self and others by inventively harnessing surrounding (albeit often) constrained resources.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in industry with some in biopharma.
- Sound knowledge of cGMPs and equivalent industry regulations.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- To support the business most effectively, travel (post COVID) may be required up to 30% of the time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.