Manufacturing Supervisor, Fill FinishLocation Novato, California Apply
TheFill Finish Supervisor is responsible for leading a shift of operations staff, developing staff capabilities, creating a culture of safety, maintaining training objectives, compliance and collaboration while implementing process improvements where applicable. The Supervisor is accountable for plant activities; monitoring processing, maintenance of production equipment and facilities in the manufacturing areas, overseeing complete documentation of all required production activities and ensuring compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations (cGMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), product licenses, corporate policies, and safety practices. The position may require shift work; potentially including weekends, off hours, and holidays.
The Fill Finish Supervisor is responsible for a discrete shiftwithin department floor operations; ensuring safety and compliance with cGMPs are maintained at all times. Ensures the efficiency of material, processing requirements, equipment function, and personnel performance for day to day operations. As a leader of a Manufacturing shift, provides tactical and supervisory leadership so that mission, vision and department objectives are met.
- Experience in inspection of finished product, labeling and vial reconciliation requirements
- Schedule and manage all aspects of tech transfer, fill finish and assembly operations as required
- Experience in aseptic processing, environmental controls and automated filling systems
- Review batch records and provide oversight for all specified manufacturing operations undertaken
- Responsible for daily operations on the production floor; including scheduling, staffing, training, material use, and troubleshooting to ensure all operations are in full compliance with regulatory and safety guidelines
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding and experience with fill finish technologies, automation controls, and compliance
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in area of responsibility and ability to provide technical instruction and training processes to staff and team
- Troubleshoot and identify issues while supporting resolution with outside groups
- Ability to perform operational tasks in respective work area People
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, and training staff to maintain workforce
- Provides effective leadership through:
- Assessing and managing performance of direct reports, team, and self
- Individual goal setting and performance reviews
- Manage performance issues, development, and enforcing policies
- Ensure the use of safe and compliant work practices and behaviors
- Issue deviations and change requests and work with department Manager and/or QA professionals to evaluate corrective actions (CAPA)
- Assist with closure and implement actions
- Provide technical expertise to resolve manufacturing issues and interact with support groups to ensure production targets are met
- Ensure production and processes comply with cGMPs
- Perform core quality commitments (logbook and BR review, maintain training compliance, assist with revision of procedures and batch records)
- Ensure staffing levels and skill sets are maintained and training is in compliance
- Oversee floor staff and process operations, identify and coordinate repairs, identify and assist with deviations, review batch records, author change requests for improvements.
- Recommend actions and exercise discretion in regard to processes within work area
- Uses data analysis tools and methodologies and apply sound judgment to solve systematic problems
- Accountable for operations and results on an assigned shift
- Applies broad processing knowledge and experience to complete work and develop team
- Executes on objectives and goals to support a positive, efficient and motivated team Leadership
- Plans and oversees the daily activities of a work team
- Assigns tasks appropriately to ensure accurate completion is achieved
- Provides training, guidance and development to others
- Spends a portion of time performing the work with the team
- Manages a team of processing associates
B.S. degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, Applied Physics, etc., or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
3+ years of directly related industry experience, including at least 2+ years with proven leadership role
Ability to independently manage work, actions and expectations is essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.