Manager, Site CommunicationsLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
We are looking for a skilled, innovative Site Communications Manager as we grow our internal communications capabilities, a key focus for the Novato site. You will be at the center of designing the future of internal communications for our site of 600 people. You are passionate about connecting people to our shared sense of purpose in our work and you will build strategies and programs to keep our employees informed and engaged about our objectives, priorities, and progress. Your curiosity and creativity will bring to life the cutting-edge work that our site performs.
- Work with the site leadership team to craft organizational messages and to keep employees informed of progress and developments with compelling, engaging communications.
- Define and execute an effective internal communications strategy for the site.
- Lead a cross-functional communications team comprised of representatives from all major functions within Novato operations.
- Ensure that key initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders across communication modes.
- Plan, lay out, and write or edit content for a variety of internal communications modes such as TV monitors, email, webpages, social media, all hands meetings, etc.
- Ensure site communications messages are consistent across modes, across the organization, and with corporate messages.
- Improve upon existing communication channels and practices.
- Define measures to assess the effectiveness of communications, work with the team to apply key learnings and continuously improve future efforts.
- Work with other internal communications leaders at the Technical Operations and corporate levels to ensure alignment and consistency.
- 6+ years’ experience in communications, internal communications, or marketing.
- Highly creative and able to generate energy and excitement.
- Superior communication skills across levels from senior management to middle management to line staff. Able to simplify complex topics to their essence and adapt to the audience.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills as well as the ability to draw stories from employees.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other functional groups to achieve business objectives.
- Proven track record of effectively leading cross-functional teams.
- Skilled in leading people through business changes.
- Ability to quickly grasp information across a variety of disciplines and create clear communications.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven experience at both strategic and tactical levels: developing business strategies, building action plans, and executing the strategy.
- 3+ years’ project and/or program management experience.
- Experience in high tech or other innovative, disruptive environment is a plus.
- Proficient with web/intranet applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, or Human Relations or related field.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Lean Six Sigma certification and/or training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.