Manager, Project Portfolio Management SystemLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Technical Operations Planning Management Group (TPMG) is a service organization created for the specific purpose of supporting BioMarin’s Technical Operations (TOPS) program (CMC) and portfolio management functions. The Portfolio Management Office (PMO) provides a foundation for strong portfolio and resource management disciplines within the TOPS organization.
The PPM System Manager will maintain the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) System, providing system administration, training, support, analytics, and reporting. This role works closely with portfolio managers, project controls, information management and system vendors.
- Monitors, maintains and enhances PPM System, including integrations with other applications
- Onboards new users and ensures license allocations are compliant
- Investigates and facilitates resolution of technical issues with assistance from technical support groups
- Manages PPM system support process, vendors and annual maintenance contracts
- Engages with business process owners, stakeholders and information management to define and document portfolio management processes/needs, identify appropriate solutions and develop detailed roadmaps for the PPM System
- 5+ years of cross-functional project, program or portfolio management experience
- Knowledge of the software development process and industry standards
- Experience with portfolio or resource management systems (e.g., Oracle Primavera, Planisware)
- Knowledge of risk assessment techniques and modeling including use of software systems such as Primavera Risk Analysis, @Risk, Crystal Ball, and/or Acumen Fuse Risk
- Ability to lead and influence without having positional authority
- Must have good interpersonal skills and experience building positive working partnerships
- Strong desire to collaborate with others
- Life sciences experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Technical Operations related activities is a plus
- Customer Focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
- Communicates Effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Situation Adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor on real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Bachelor of Science in a science or engineering discipline is required
- Project Management Professional or similar certification is a plus)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.