Manager, Corporate Service and Site Logistical ServicesLocation Novato, California Workstyle Onsite Only Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Manager of Corporate Services and Site Logistical Services is the leader for the Corporate Services and Site Logistical Services team at the San Rafael and Novato campuses, reporting to the Associate Director of Occupancy and Space Planning Management. The Manager is accountable for successfully fulfilling the service needs of BioMarin’s internal customers, warehousing/shipping/receiving/delivery of GxP equipment, lab testing samples, business-related and employee mail/package delivery, real estate facility amenity management, corporate services functions (e.g., facilities landscaping, janitorial services, and kitchen stocking), and campus event services. The Manager is responsible for prioritizing teamwork tasks and service requests, resolving escalated team issues, oversight of day-to-day operations, mentoring and developing individual contributors, and conducting annual performance reviews.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage, maintain, prioritize, track, and oversee the successful completion of day-to-day internal BioMarin customer service requests for Corporate Services and Site Logistical Services
- Escalation point for the successful problem resolution of day-to-day operational challenges for Corporate Services & Site Logistical Services
- Manage, prioritize, track, and provide oversight of:
- Warehousing/shipping/receiving/delivery of GxP equipment, lab testing samples, business-related and employee mail/packages
- Real state facility amenity management and facility related services (e.g., facilities landscaping, janitorial services, first-aid kits, and kitchen stocking)
- Campus event services (e.g., setup, and tear down of internal company events)
- The posting and distribution of facility signage, communications and Human Resources related employee physical communication handouts
- Partnering with EHS&S regarding the monitoring of facility safety related capabilities, and supporting EHS&S emergency response readiness policies, procedures, and testing
- Survey internal BioMarin customers to measure customer satisfaction and identify opportunities for improvement
- Lead a team of seven direct reports and with a total team size of fifteen individual contributors
- Provide coaching and mentoring to develop individual contributors
- Conduct annual performance reviews, set performance goals and targets
- Lead the efforts to source, evaluate, select, negotiate, approve, manage, and review the progress and performance of supplier contracts for products and services supporting the Corporate & Site Logistical Services teams
- Develop, design, create, manage, regularly report, and publish corporate and site logistical operational metrics
- Provide oversight and management of $10M+ operational expense budgets to achieve business objectives and financial targets
- Prepare, submit, manage, and review monthly, quarterly, annual budget spending forecast and actual reporting
- Four-year college bachelor’s degree with a major in Business Administration, Facility Management, Property Management or equivalent
- 8-10+ years of practical work experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical or Medical Device industry, with relevant management roles in facility and office operations, corporate real estate, and/or facilities management
- Knowledge, Skills and Functional Experience:
- Proven experience identifying, evaluating, selecting, negotiating, and managing facility service suppliers (e.g., commercial landscaping, third party warehousing)
- Proven experience managing $10M+ per year in an operational expense budget
- Proven experience collaborating with cross-functional leaders (VP level and above), supporting facilities management, warehousing (3rd party and internal), logistics and event planning
- Strong attention to detail and working with urgency to achieving aggressive deadlines
- Proven experience leading, managing, mentoring, and developing individual contributors
- Experience utilizing replicable problem-solving and continuous improvement (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma) techniques
- Proficient in utilizing ERP and Spend Management Systems (e.g., Oracle E-Suite, Coupa)
- Proficient in working with traditional service request or work order management enterprise applications (e.g., Custom Microsoft Sharepoint solution, Servicenow, Zendesk, Inform CMMS)
- Makes and executes timely decisions that are aligned with BioMarin’s mission, vision, goals, and internal policies, standards, and procedures.
- Works hard, works smart, and inspires others to do the same
- Provides coaching, mentoring and effective management of team personnel
- Gains cooperation and alignment with peers, managers, executives, and individual contributors
- Delegates effectively to direct reports and team members
- Demonstrates the use of creativity, innovation, and appropriate judgement to produce results and make critical decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate with executive leadership, managers, peers, staff and internal BioMarin customers
- Ability to plan annual operational expense budgets across multiple teams
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Analytical Skills:
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize improvements to operational business process, practices, procedures
- Evaluate improvement opportunities, prioritize, and present recommendations to executive management and gain buy-in for changes
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.