BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Information Management (IM) Scientific Platforms (SP) department seeks a highly talented and motivated Systems Engineer to support our multi-site manufacturing and laboratory system platforms for the World-Wide Research & Development and the Technical Operations organizations. This individual contributor will have the opportunity to partner closely with both scientists, laboratory analysts and Information Technology (IT) professionals within our manufacturing, quality, research/development and information management departments. He/she will play a key role in testing, deploying and supporting the Lab Systems Patching and Security project. This role assists with implementing and maintaining windows patches on laboratory computer systems and provides experience in scientific system support in a validated GxP environments (both the Manufacturing and Laboratory areas).
BioMarin is a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions. Applicants must bring a high level of initiative, energy and motivation to the role and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Provide support to patching project utilizing SCCM and Ivanti
- Research and document lab software compatibility with specific patches
- Communicate with key stakeholders and system owners to establish patching schedule following corporate schedule.
- Support new applications and systems, including working with business units, researching solutions, coordinating internal and external resources, creating documentation, and managing rollout
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain systems within a rigorous change control environment (Change Requests, TrackWise) and knowledge of SDLCs document management systems (Veeva)
- Work with business units to identify and resolve issues impacting business processes
- Must have a strong understanding of Information Technology (IT) Support as a business function (e.g., SLA’s, ITIL practices)
- Scripting knowledge (e.g., DOS Batch, PowerShell)
- Troubleshoot system outages and other issues impacting production
- Provide documentation around the preparation, deployment, procedures, and design of IT system environments (Work Instructions, System Design Docs)
- Provide system verification with regards to acceptable performance and accessibility of newly deployed IT solutions from remote locations
- Work with vendors to identify and resolve problems
- Work with partners to troubleshoot access issues or other problems
- Technical writing, email and verbal communication
- Candidate must be a strong team player recognizing personal improvement and awards are best achieved by making those around you successful
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing/troubleshooting Windows based Workstations
- Experience with workstation or server patching in production environment utilizing SCCM or Ivanti
- Exposure to validated laboratory environments, change management, and ability to comply to such regulatory agency requirements
- Experience with supporting Laboratory Applications is a plus (e.g., GE Unicorn, Empower, MODA, SoftMax Pro, WinKQCL, Vicell, Chemstation, ELN)
- Experience with desktop operating systems (e.g., Windows 7, 8, 10)
- Basic understanding of IT systems development life-cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with Windows/Linux Server operating systems is a plus
Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Business, or equivalent work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.