Intern, Quality Control - ProductLocation Novato, California Apply
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
This is a laboratory base position, that will require working in the lab performing cell base assays or separation related assays. This position requires willingness to undergo training on analytical methods and employs laboratory safety polices at all times. Work assignments will encompass performing and documenting activities from routine to semi-routine in nature. The intern will be responsible for good record keeping. Organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are essential.
- B.S./B.A. in Science (majoring in biology, biochemistry, or chemistry)
- Ability to follow written instructions and to perform tasks with direct supervision.
- Familiarity with use of a computer; e.g., Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Good written, verbal, and communication skills.
- Good documentation skills.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.