Intern - MSAT Process ModelingLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
This is an internship position in the Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MSAT) Process Modeling group, a team whose mission is to demonstrate the current and potential capabilities of BioMarin’s manufacturing network. We achieve this by utilizing technically comprehensive and flexible process models, which enable us to provide both detailed and high-level assessments of our manufacturing capabilities.
Scope of internship project: Implement cost resourcing into an existing process model to enable financial analyses of our biologics manufacturing processes
- Work with partners within MSAT and across functions in Technical Operations to gather cost information for manufacturing materials and utilities
- Gain experience using Bio-G Real Time Modeling Software (RTMS), manipulating model inputs and executing simulation analyses
- Gain experience in basic coding skills
- Gain experience in biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes
- Perform an analysis of one of our manufacturing processes, modeling the financial impact of process or operational changes
Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field of study (e.g., Chemical Engineering or similar engineering discipline), with minimum of second/sophomore year completed
- Technical knowledge of biotechnology processes (i.e. cell culture, protein purification) preferred
- Experience in process simulation, data mining and analysis a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.