Intern, ManufacturingLocation Novato, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
This internship will be a hybrid of working onsite and remotely. This role would require the student to onsite at the Novato campus 2-3 days per week at a minimum.
Novato Manufacturing operates 4 commercial, licensed facilities for the production of Aldurazyme®, Nagalzyme®, Palynziq®, Roctavian™, and VOXOGO™. Novato Manufacturing collaborates with multiple departments for the safe, compliant manufacture of life improving enzyme replacement and gene therapy therapeutics. Patient focus is core to the care we bring to our manufacturing operations.
- The primary focus of the Manufacturing Intern will be to support the closure of audit observations to ensure compliance with state, federal and international regulations
- Support Operational Excellence (OE) diagnostics, design and implementation, as needed
- Participate in OE working sessions to support Lean Manufacturing and right-first-time execution, as needed
- Routinely present work progress to leadership teams
- May require cleanroom gowning into Grade C and Grade D manufacturing environments
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Data collection and analysis
- Familiarity with Operational Excellence (OE) and/or Lean Six Sigma (LSS) mindset and tools
- Understanding and familiarity with PowerBI and/or other data visualization tools
- Understanding of cGMP fundamentals for biologics manufacturing
- A background in life sciences or related engineering fields, pursuing a Bachelor of Science (BS), or Master of Science (MS) degree.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Housing and transportation are the responsibility of the Intern.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.