Intern, Automation EngineeringLocation Novato, California Apply
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Assist with collecting configuration documentation for configurable instruments.As an intern,you will learn how to connect to different hardware and associated software components. This interconnection between software and hardware is the sweet spot of automation and one of the first steps in becoming an automation engineer.
- Assist with adding PanelView HMIs to the domain.As an intern, you will learn computerized system networking. After understanding the hardware and software connection we will help you learn the next step of automation, networking!
- Pursing a 4-year degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical engineeringat an accredited university
- Basic mechanical skills
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.