Business Process Analyst 2Location Novato, California
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
We are looking for a skilled, innovative Business Process Analyst 2as we mature and scale our business processes to support future growth. You will directly contribute to the success of the Novato operations site in our mission of producingtherapeutics for the treatment of rare diseases. This role reports through Business Operations and supports all of the local Make – Assess – Release functions,which includeapproximately 600 employees.
You will lead continuous improvement projects, through development and implementation, to drive reliable and resilient processes and operations. The position will have wide influence and impact over Manufacturing, Facilities/Engineering, QC and QA. This position is a dynamic and rewarding position that requires a high degree of professional, collaborative interaction, self-awareness and an innovative spirit.
Detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading continuous improvement projects:
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies to current state business processes.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and the desired future state.
- Prioritize opportunities based on business drivers.
- Partner with cross-functional project teams to implement improvements.
- Recognize barriers to improvement efforts and work to remove them.
- Generate project charter, SIPOC, project schedule, impact/effort matrix.
- Execute on kaizen, 5S, root cause analysis events.
- Completing projects by agreed upon due dates.
- Shares learnings across the organization.
- Supporting root cause analyses.
- Collecting and reporting metrics.
- Continued development and training (self) in Operation Excellence (OE) competencies.
- BS with minimum 2-3years’ experiencein a regulated environment
- 1 - 2years of continuous improvementor relevant experience with a proven track record of successfully leading cross-functional initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other functional groups and skilled in leading people through business change.
- Experience in public speaking and leadership/motivation roles is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and experience facilitating
- Ability to comprehend technical process information.
- Ability to work independently, contribute in teams and lead teams.
- Ability to quickly grasp and synthesize information across a variety of disciplines to create a strategic plan to achieve business objectives.
- Knowledge of drug manufacturing is preferred
- Working knowledge of electronic GMP systems, (Oracle EBS, SAP, Trackwise, LIMS, etc.), is preferred
- Working knowledge of Minitab or JMP statistical software is preferred
- BA or BS in a technical discipline (physical or biological sciences or engineering preferred but not required) with 3-5 years related to pharmaceutical manufacturing
- MS in a technical discipline (physical or biological sciences preferred but not required) with 2+ years related to pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Training in Lean Six Sigma/continuous improvement
- Lean Six Sigma green belt certification
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.