Business Analyst, TOPSLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
TOPS Business Analyst
The key objective of this position is to represent the TOPS user community and respective business process owners (BPO) by gathering and championing their requirements throughout all phases of information technology implementations from concept to value realization/ROI verification.
- Partner with BPO to define business objectives/value statements, and ROI projections
- Illicit, and clearly document testable User Requirements that reflect the underlying needs of the business
- Assess solution/design’s ability to meet requirements
- Facilitate iterative feedback with technology partners and user community during development phase
- Identify and escalate potential business risks as they occur throughout the project (ex. unmet requirement or risk introduced through the use of the system)
- Support Validation activities such as PQ, Risk Assessment, trace matrix development etc.
- Facilitate post deployment activities such as Lessons Learned, and Value Realization/ROI verification
- 2-5 years gathering software requirements within a Pharmaceutical/Biotech environment with a thorough understanding of current expectations around data integrity and risk based validation
- Highly developed communication skills. Must be able to communicate vision, and drive decision making across departmental boundaries
- BA/BS in life sciences or computer science
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.