Area Lead, ManufacturingLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Accountable for the daily operations in area, requiring effective communication to make appropriate decisions, trouble shooting, and schedule adherences with minimal oversight
- Accomplishes tasks through direct and effective coordination
- Provides direction and hands-on training for staff
- Supports the management of staff
- Lives department values and sets the standards for others to operate
- Fosters an environment of compliance, strong work ethic and ongoing learning
- Ability to take responsibility for complex projects
- Effective interaction with peer Leads across manufacturing to create alignment and improvement
- Partners with support groups (Facilities, Validation, Quality) to complete scheduled activities
- Strong knowledge and experience in all aspects of relevant process theory, equipment, and compliance
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify issues and support resolutions with technical groups
- Required to perform ongoing operational tasks in respective work area
- Uses scientific thinking and decision making in daily work
- Proven experience with relevant process, theory and equipment
- Experience with process automation and functionality
- Assist with review and approval of documentation including Batch Records and logbooks
- Provide feedback and/or suggested changes to operational procedures
- Assist in the incorporation of new technologies, practices and standards into procedures
- Capable of writing and reviewing process documents
Quality and Compliance
- Complete understanding and adherence to cGMP’s as related to commercial operations
- Support the closure of manufacturing discrepancies and change requests
- Experience with business systems (Process historian, LIMS, Trackwise, ERP, MES, etc.)
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in science related area or engineering or Associate’s degree in science related area or Biotech certificate with 2+ years of experience in a biotech manufacturing environment or other regulated industry
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Consists of strenuous, repetitive work. The following list of physical movements maybe used on a daily basis: bending, reaching, climbing stairs and ladders, kneeling and making numerous equipment connections using hands.
- Independently have the ability to regularly lift, dispense, push and/or pull items with an average weight of 25 pounds.
- May require work around loud equipment.
- The use of personal protective equipment will be required.
- Requires various shift based work and off hours
- Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*This is for a Swing Shift position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.