EUMEA MPS marketing internLocation London, United Kingdom Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin internship programme will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, whilst gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry. The internship programme will start on Monday 10th June 2019 to the 30th August 2019, lasting 12 weeks in the London Office.
The interview process will be between the 14th – 25th January 2019, which could include a group exercise, presentation and interviews.
The EUMEA marketing function comprises three franchise teams supporting the following in-market portfolios: MPS; PKU and CLN2, each team consists of a Franchise lead and additional product management support. In addition, there is a pipeline team that looks after new treatment interventions pre-licence. The marketing team is led by the executive marketing Director who is responsible for portfolio management across the entire EUMEA region.
The MPS Marketing Intern will report to the Marketing Director MPS and be responsible for supporting MPS marketing in general as well as managing a specific project that will be important to the marketing team and the company as a whole.
Students who are currently in their second year at university (or third year on a four-year course) or students who are studying for a Masters immediately after their final year of their undergraduate degree are eligible to apply.
- Support the MPS Marketing team in the development and implementation of EUMEA brand strategies and activities, including support for regional customer-facing activities – where required
- Cross-functional working with the MPS team, country TMs, global, HCPs and external agencies
- Assist with the initiation and review of materials and activities to ensure that they are compliant, assisting with the approval from relevant teams
- Participate in and contribute to regular MPS team meetings
- Assist with the creation of marketing presentations for internal meetings
- Management of own project(s) - dependent on the needs of the MPS team
- Contribute to the generation of creative ideas within the MPS team
- Extremely organised as working to deadlines is vital
- “Can do” attitude to focus self and team on project delivery
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Calm under pressure
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Business / Marketing expertise preferred
- Strong English language skills (reading, spoken and written)
- Strong IT skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Robust Administration skills
- Experience in various administration tasks
- Team-work and collaboration with others: Friendly and helpful nature preferred
- Attention to detail: Ensure project work meets the relevant standards e.g. materials are proof read, with correct documentation
- Strong organisational skills: Administration is kept up to date
- Self-motivated: Ability to work alone on agreed projects unsupervised providing regular updates to relevant Marketing team members.
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.