Associate Director, Pricing and ReimbursementLocation London, United Kingdom Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Associate Director (AD), Pricing serves as a pricing and reimbursement (P&R) subject matter expert within BioMarin and drives analyses required to support pricing decisions. This individual will be responsible for both leading EUMEA pricing research and analyses as well as for coordinating and aligning pricing activities.
The AD will inform pricing decisions and ensure consideration of global implications of price changes. This individual will lead market research and will support the synthesis of pricing recommendations. He/she will assist in gathering pricing inputs for forecasting and business development assessments.
The AD is a member of the EUMEA Market Access Team and will work closely with regional and local market access colleagues. The individual will also work closely with and coordinate with market access colleagues in other regions and with BioMarin’s Health Economics and Outcomes Research Centre of Excellence. The AD will work across BioMarin’s marketed and pipeline products.
- Support P&R assessments for forecasting, business development, and pre-clinical assessments
- Provide market access input into launch sequencing and timing plans
- Lead pricing studies to understand product value
- Liaise with and tactically support regional market access teams
- Collaborate with Global Commercial Operations to support long range planning process
- Conduct analyses to address price management issues
- Track P&R information for marketed products and maintain up to date global reimbursement dashboards
- Operate quickly and decisively in a fast-paced environment
- Present high-quality recommendations that will ultimately get presented to the Commercial Executive Team
- Position requires up to 25% travel, including global travel
- 5+ years of European pharmaceutical market access experience
- Prior experience with pricing research
- Knowledge of EU pricing & reimbursement processes
- Analytical skills and proficiency with Excel
- Strong communication, collaboration, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing external agencies
- International experience preferred
- Bachelors, preferably in life sciences or business
- MBA, strongly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.