BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The role of the Manager, Finance Systems is critical to ensuring the successful development, delivery and support of IM-Information Management strategies to enable the Finance organization.
The position supports the capturing and clarifying the business need, supporting system related process improvement and the scoping and potential cross functional impact of Oracle EBS. With proactive communication to personnel, understand the critical processes and their system implications; analyze current system solutions and opportunities for further system development/modification to maximize value from current systems.
Will oversee technical project resources and will be responsible for the overall delivery of the solution phasing through Requirements, Design, Build, Testing, Deployment & Support while partnering with the business to develop the change management strategy.
Will oversee the support team to assure the timeliness and quality of production support with a long term goal to minimize the break fixes and increasing the focus on value added process improvements.
This role is to provide technical and functional support Finance applications, including Oracle EBS, OBIEE, Hyperion & other reporting tools.
- Complete technical ownership for data modeling, process modelling and integrations within financial applications landscape consisting of Oracle EBS R12, Hyperion, OBIEE & BI Apps.
- Leads development frameworks, standards, policies and procedures that drive technology decisions and scalable use of technology.
- Responsible for technical design reviews, ensuring architectural standards within application frameworks, and consistency design standards across the application landscape.
- Identifies necessary non-functional requirements (performance, security, operational concerns) and participates in the development of performance driven architecture.
- Constant evaluation of emerging and current technologies to define a vision for optimal applications of technology to meet business needs.
- Analyze and evaluate systems for optimization or operational efficiency.
- Lead continuous improvement effort assessing current use and intended use for Oracle EBS suite of product and other systems used by Finance
- Manage technical functional consultants to design, build, test, and implement new solutions
- Partner with production support team to resolve user issues
- Assist with prioritization of Finance related Help Desk requests.
- Participate on change control boards and design review committees
- Perform fit / gap assessments and providing solution options with impact assessments
- Identify areas for business process improvement and efficiencies; make recommendations to improve existing processes or system functionality
- Assist with / participate on teams that support recurring events: close, annual year end, enrollment periods, etc.
- Work with external application developers or system integrators to implement functional and reporting applications
The qualified candidate must be a driven, self-starter, proactive and a quick learner with strong analytical skills. This job requires prior experience as solution architect in the area of Oracle Financials R12.
The ideal candidate has the ability to anticipate data, process and technical related problems and ability to address the issues proactively
- Strong Leadership Skills in Project Definition, Mitigation and overall Delivery
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Strong Collaboration / Coalition Building Skills
- Technical domain expertise on Oracle E-Business Suite R12, Oracle SOA Suite, Hyperion and OBIEE.
- Expertise in RICEW development using tools like SQL, PL-SQL, EssBase & Java
- Experience in Oracle Applications development using OAF and AD.
- Data modeling experience between OBIEE and Oracle EBS R12.
- Bachelor's college/university degree in Information Systems or significant relevant experience in supporting Finance systems.
- 7+ years’ techno-functional experience in Oracle EBS – Financial modules (GL, FA, AP, AR, CE, ChRM)
- At least 5 end-to-end financial applications implementations of Oracle EBS R12.
- Strong experience in handling large scale projects.
- Extensive programming experience necessary to create/analyze/design application specific procedures, API, Packages, Functions, Materialized views, Triggers and other objects.
- Collaborative cross-functional work experience required.
- Professional Consulting or Business management background is a strong plus
- Ability to collaborate effectively with teammates inside and outside the Finance team - very strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of management are a must.
- Attention to detail and good communication skills are essential. In addition, critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are a must.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.