Packaging Engineer 1 – Technical GraphicsLocation Cork, Ireland Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Packaging Engineer 1 – Technical Graphics
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Packaging Development group is responsible for creating packing for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. The Packaging Engineer 1 – Technical Graphics is responsible for development on new technical drawings, artwork templates and developmental artworks to support Clinical and Commercial Packaging Operations.
- The Packaging Engineer 1 – Technical Graphics, will be the point of contact responsible for the creation developmental artworks for new products submission, packaging design concepts and technical qualifications.
- Will be responsible for developing and maintaining technical drawings for primary, secondary and tertiary components.
- Manage technical drawings in the BioMarin Artwork Management System (AMS).
- Will support the development, approval and maintenance of material specifications.
- Develop and maintain Artwork Templates for all BioMarin Products to ensure the BioMarin external studio can develop print ready artworks.
- Will provide technical support and quality oversight of the BioMarin’s external Artwork Studio and Print Vendors.
- The Packaging Engineer 1 – Technical Graphics will work closely with the Packaging Engineers to ensure that projects are on track and that all relating issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Degree in Engineering, Science or Business Discipline is required.
- 2-3 years of experience working in a Medical Devices or a Pharmaceutical industry.
- Technical understanding of manufacturing process and working in a regulated environment.
- Experience with developing new technical drawings, artwork templates and developmental artworks using Adobe.
- Experience in project management
- Experience with Microsoft Office Computer; and experienced and knowledge of Adobe applications
- Detail orientation and focus on accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple copy change projects whilst ensuring Compliance and Supply to Market requirements are always met.
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to work in an international, team-oriented environment.
- Able to work 2+ days in the Cork or Dublin location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.