Materials Planner/BuyerLocation Cork, Ireland Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Having obtained approval to establish Sterile Drug Product Filling operations at the Shanbally site, we at BioMarin are hiring for key technical and leadership positions. Initially these roles will support the capital project execution, product transfers and operational readiness activities before moving into routine operational support.
This facility will contain a state of the art flexible line using isolator technology for filling of vials and syringes and the facility will support both clinical and commercial filling for the majority of the BioMarin biologics product portfolio.
The Materials Planner/Buyer role, will ultimately be responsible for the co-ordination and execution of all activities related to the planning and purchase of raw materials and consumables, by converting the output of the Master Schedule and Detailed Schedule (MRP) for production needs into material requirements to ensure availability of the right quantity when needed. This role will form an integral part of a team which optimizes the flow of materials (order to release) while considering warehouse capacities and inventory targets in order to eliminate potential disruptions in the storage, storage costs and avoid any material or consumable scrap.
- Support the Sterile Drug Product Filling capital project execution and operational readiness activities where required, representing the Material Operations and Global Procurement functions.
- In collaboration with the Product Filling Operations team, Global Procurement, Quality & Global Compliance; co-ordinate & manage the supplier and materials selection process with supplier agreements and contracts put in place when & where applicable.
- Ensure the new material qualification process is managed and new materials are created and set-up sufficiently on Oracle to ensure accurate and efficient planning and purchasing.
- Execute on the output of the Materials Requirement Plan (MRP) by ensuring efficient and effective procurement & inventory practices and optimizing the balance between quality, service, reliability and cost to ensure that patient / customer requirements are met while maintaining compliance.
- Ensure that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time in order to meet planned requirements.
- Maintain Raw Materials and Consumable inventories within target, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired materials
- Liaise with suppliers to clarify potential plan constraints and interfaces between supplier and the key internal stakeholders to ensure issue resolution.
- Partner with Global Procurement to drive Supplier performance improvement, including quality and on-time delivery in line with Master Schedule.
- Track and report site level supplier service performance, communicating the information to the relevant parties where relevant.
- Communicate when required at the site “Run the business” meetings, any potential impacts to the production schedule supplier reliability/service issues. Escalate as appropriate through site and global forums (Procurement Governance) to ensure issues/criticalities are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Interface with Quality and Warehouse staff regarding any rejected / defective materials, making the necessary physical arrangements with the supplier to ensure a prompt return of goods or disposal.
- Execute potential deviations to the plan assessing with the supplier the feasibility of such changes, rapidly highlighting to the affected internal stakeholders if the changes are not possible from a materials/consumables perspective.
- Liaise with warehouse to understand and adhere to space constraints, managing inventory levels within agreed targets.
- Support Scenario planning (RCCP) when required with colleagues in the Material Operations, Scheduling function, by performing raw material and consumable feasibility analysis.
- Effectively partner with all internal and external business partners.
- Focus and encourage continuous improvements (CI) of the process being supported (e.g. MRP signal improvement initiative).
- Supports the raw material and component Phase in and Phase Out processes.
- Connect with Supply Chain Planning to ensure seamless flow of information and ensure a fully integrated approach to delivering key metrics across – Customer Service, Inventory, and Cost.
- Develop and project-manage local and global programs to deliver continuous improvement in KPI’s.
- Align with strategies and realization of departmental and business goals.
- A minimum Honours Degree (NFQ level 8) in Supply Chain Management or other related Business discipline essential.
- Supply Chain Certification is preferred e.g. APICS.
- Project Management Certification is desirable.
- A minimum of 4 years relevant Supply Chain Management experience (Planning, Logistics or Manufacturing) is required.
- Experience in Planning/Purchasing in a multi-national environment.
- Experience in Biopharmaceutical industry preferable.
- Experience of Oracle would be beneficial but ERP system competency is essential.
Knowledge, Skills and capabilities:
- Demonstrate the drive and eagerness to be successful in this role with a view to developing and progressing to levels of increasing responsibility.
- Development of efficient and effective Material planning processes and systems.
- Engage with vendors in an ethical and compliant manner when required.
- Be “Patient & Customer focused” ensuring that requirements are clearly planned for and communicated within the organization.
- Be Results driven, while ensuring the optimization and efficient use of cross functional resources.
- Contribute to the innovation and continuous improvement (CI) within Material Operations and BioMarin.
- Be collaborative and cross-functional with all other departments within the site and across the wider BioMarin community.
- Ensure department and personnel “goals and objectives” are completed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Perform at both a strategic and tactical level when and where required within and across the organization.
- Ensure a high level of integrity is carried out always while performing the role.
Location of Role: Cork - Ireland
Travel Requirements: Minimal
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law