Infrastructure Senior SysAdminLocation Cork, Ireland Apply
TheSystemAdministratorIVprovidesnetworking and systemsadministrationexpertise for BioMarin systemsprimarily fromBioMarin’sShanbally,Ringaskiddy, Cork, Irelandcampus. The Systems Administratorwill beresponsible for ensuring that systems are functioning properly, within the design and security specifications established by IT, and that all applicable policies, processes, and procedures are properly communicated and followed.
This is a senior-level role that will also participate in the design and implementation of strategic systems andservices, andprovide 3rd-tier problem resolutionfor issues escalated from other IT support groups. This role will also be the subject matter expert for the MES (Manufacturing Execution System).
The qualified candidate will demonstrateextensive to moderateexperience in supportingthe following systems/ areas:
- Experience working in environments that adhere to legal requirements such as FDA 21 CFR Part 211 and Part 11, EU GMP and GAMP 5 guidelines.
- Extensive experience with monitoring tools and systems (e.g., SolarWinds, Nagios,ThousandEyes).
- Extensiveexperience withVMware6.x/5.x environments:
- Management of host VM’s in a SAN-based, clustered, HA environment.
- Performance monitoring andmanagement.
- Problem remediation for ESXservers, vCenter, and related VMware technologies.
- Backup, Replication, and Disaster Recover.
- Extensive experience withWindows Server OSand related technologies:
- AD design, architecture, sustainability and support.
- GPO design, architecture, sustainability and support.
- DHCP, DNS,FRS, architecture, sustainability and support.
- Extensive experience with disaster recovery, data retention, and comprehensive backup and recovery systems.
- Moderate experience working in complex networked environments;
- Thorough understanding of WAN/LAN troubleshooting and support.
- Cisco-based switching, routing, and wireless.
- Project and problem management, including effectively identifying and communicating goals, risks, stakeholders, timelines, options, and costs.
The candidate will also be responsiblefor contributing to theoverall strategic directionfor key infrastructure projects.
Additionalresponsibilities includecoordinating with BioMarinserviceprovidersand partners, resolving escalated technical requests, and collaborating with other IT personnel on departmental projects.
This person will be a key part of infrastructure project design and implementation and partner with internaland external groups and vendors to make sure that IT initiativeswithinBioMarinare completed successfully.
TheSystemsAdministrator IVreports to theAssociate Director,Qualified Infrastructureand Operations.
Education andOtherProfessional Qualification Requirements:
• Bachelor's degreepreferred.
•VCP, MCSE, or equivalent industry certificationspreferred.
• Building and executing project plans working closely with customers and IT to understand and manage project expectations.
• Project experience involving technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development and deployment.
• Provide accurate informationat anappropriate level of complexityto staff in order to facilitate understanding and effective use by network/systems users.
• Provide a high standard of customer service and follow through staff inquiries and questions from commencement to resolution in a timely and professional manner.
• Plan and manage their own work in a complex, changing environment in order to meet set objectivesand deadlines.
•Contribute to the success of theteam by developing and utilizing effectivelines of communication with other members and providing support to others as needed to ensure cohesion and consistency in approach.
Additional Responsibilities as required:
- Provide support for other offices, as required by the needs of IT, including support for offices inEurope, Asia, and South America.
- Prepare documentation and training to support IT and related processes.
- Ability to support a 24x7x365 operation, including participation in monthly maintenance patching and updating activities.
- Ability to lift 35lbs.