Principal - Data Strategy & DesignLocation Brisbane, California Apply
The overall aim of the Data Strategy and Design team is to transform the way decisions are made by providing capable people with easy access to data and tools that they can trust. The position will be expected to lead the early stages of informatics solutions development efforts that evaluate the potential to automate the integration, preparation and provisioning of access to analysis-ready data.
- Apply innovative technology and approach to manage and analyze structured and unstructured data, to support establishment and maintenance of data lake.
- Responsible for mapping and transformation of clinical trial data to CDISC SDTM submission-ready tabulation packages. Collaborates and negotiates effectively to meet project timeline; Responsible for every aspect of project deliverables quality.
- Act as subject matter expert on data formats and their performance in ingestion, transfer, storage and analysis solutions to enable integration of various data types to allow novel scientific insights.
- Builds effective working relationships with cross functional groups within BioMetrics and across BioMarin to ensure that customer/stakeholder needs are met
- Adheres to and responsible for monitoring compliance with departmental procedures and practices, technical and industry standards and programming concepts and conventions during all aspects of work
- Investigates industry knowledge trends, identifies techniques and makes recommendations for new methods and technologies used in pharmaceutical and/or biotech industries for reporting and managing data
- BS in Mathematics, Statistics/Biostatistics, Computer Science, or related applicable field. MBA or MS preferred.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 8+ year of experience (6+ years for Master-level degree) in quantitative data analysis with applied analytic experience.
- Experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, life sciences or healthcare data; Hand on experience on SDTM/ADaM programming and regulatory submission. Familiar with CDISC standards and validation rule.
- Proficient with applied statistics, data analysis and visualization tools (e.g. R, Python, SAS, etc.).
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively with diverse stakeholders across different organizational levels and functional areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.