Intern, Statistical Programmer / Data AnalystLocation Brisbane, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This BioMetrics (BMT) internship will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, whilst gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry. The internship will start from June 2019 to August 2019, lasting 12 weeks in the Brisbane Office.
The interview process will be from February to April of 2019, which could include telephone interviews and discussion.
The candidate will be working at the Brisbane office with the data visualization team consisting of application/utilities building for biometrics department and supporting ongoing clinical trials. They will have the opportunity to be involved in the project work in order to get some hands-on experience. In addition, they will have exposure other areas of drug development.
Intern Project Description:
BMT summer intern will work on 1 major project and/or 2 minor projects over the 3-month internship mainly using R/R-Shiny to build up application for data visualization. All projects will involve graph generation, which may include (1) graph autogenerate project; (2) data visualization project using R-Shiny; (3) dashboard generation project.
- Project related assignments:
- Participate life cycle of utility tool development in a Biotech industry setting.
- Gather user requirements for the project.
- Participate utility (R/R-Shiny) development and validation.
- Generate graphs/tables in R that will meet users’ requirements.
- Write documentations for utility tool.
- Present summer intern result to biometrics group and BioMarin summer intern presentation
Students who are currently in their second year at university (or third year on a four-year course) OR students who are studying for a masters immediately after their final year of their undergraduate degree are eligible to apply.
- Some experience of application development by using R and/or R-Shiny.
- Analytical, proactive, collaborative and displays strong communication skills.
- Strong ability to learn new skills.
- Student would be required to come to the BioMarin Brisbane office Monday to Friday.
- Student must be mature and relatively autonomous.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:Currently completing studies in the field of Statistics/Biostatistics or Computer Science preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.