Supervisor, Accounting, APAC (TEMPORARY)Location Wanchai, Hong Kong SAR Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Reports to (Job Title):
Sr. Director, Finance Asia-Pacific
Supervisor, Accounting, APAC is an individual contributor responsible for ensuring adequate financial control and support of BioMarin’s operations in the Asia-Pacific region (excluding Japan). Supervisor, Accounting, APAC reports to Sr. Director, Finance, APAC in the Hong Kong Regional Office. This position works closely with the Accounting Manager, Japan based in the Tokyo and is supported by an AP accountant in Hong Kong office, outsourced accounting and service operations in the region, as well as BioMarin’s corporate accounting, finance and information technology departments. This position will be assisting in internal control re-enforcement, accounting operations, accounts payable, payroll, cash management, banking related matters, financial reporting, management reporting, process management, corporate credit card administration and Concur support in the region.
1. Ensure operations and transactions in the region are in compliance with BioMarin’s financial and management control policies as well as local statutory requirements, including monitoring relevant processes, record keeping and reporting. Related corporate policies include: travel and entertainment policy, financial authority policy, procurement/contract policies, FCPA and anti-bribery/anti-kickback policies, and policies associated with compassionate use, grants, contributions and sponsorship.
2. Facilitate in preparing periodic management level reports and analyses to support the management and decision making responsibilities of the APAC management team.
3. Assist in supervising the business-to-business relationships related to finance and control in the region, including accounting services, accounts payable, payroll, Concur Expenses and reimbursement and banking.
4. Review procedures and operation controls as well as provide insights to improve internal control and efficiency.
5. Join Sr. Director, Finance Asia Pacific to act as local APAC liaison for various tax and treasury tasks and projects, including tax returns, strategic tax projects, and bank account administration.
6. Monitor and manage month end closing by working closely with regional and country team members as well as accounting service providers.
7. Collaborate with U.S.-based corporate peers in accounting, tax, operations, CC&E, and related executive management as well as regional Human Resources, Legal, Sales and Marketing, medical and regulatory affairs regarding APAC business and finance matters and projects, including business development and process improvement.
8. Participate monthly financial reviews with accounting service providers and corporate accounting team.
9. Support internal audits, SOX testing, and external KPMG statutory audits and US GAAP compliance, as applicable.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting.
Chartered Accountant / Certified Public Accountant certification required.
Must have business level language proficiency in both English and Mandarin (both in written and spoken)
6+ years of total experience, including 3 years audit experience in public accounting firm (Big 4) and 3+ years inside company accounting experience with people management responsibility and regional coverage. Experience in Life Science industry is definitely a plus.
Computer skills, including Excel, Word, Power Point, GL Systems (Oracle R12 preferred), financial planning and reporting systems (Hyperion and OBIEE preferred)
VP Commercial - APAC, Controller, Sr. International Accounting Manager (Corporate), Sr. Director Corporate Accounting, VP & Director Corporate Tax and Director/Manager Global Indirect Procurement and AP, Country Managers and the all APAC functional team. Corporate CC&E team. APAC accounting service providers include Deloitte, TMF and BDO.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.