Senior Brand Manager, Achondroplasia, APACLocation Wanchai, Hong Kong SAR Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Senior Brand Manager is the regional lead of assigned product for Asia Pacific and is responsible for developing marketing strategies and executing marketing programs to achieve the agreed goals and business objectives. The Asia Pacific Senior Brand Manager would be leading the Brand Team for the assigned product with other functions to drive brand goals and results.
This key role within the Achondroplasia Asia Pacific Brand Team is focused on driving pre-launch and launch preparations for Vosoritide, currently being evaluated in Ph III clinical trials. The position spans many areas including strategy and market development, commercial planning, and creation and implementation of innovative brand tactics. The ideal candidate will have competitive launch experience and rare disease marketing experience, including strong understanding on and respect for this empowered community of patients with achondroplasia, parents, patient advocates and dedicated health care providers. This individual will identify critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborate with commercial and cross-functional teams, and help develop and drive strategies and pull through tactics from start to finish to prepare for the successful launch of Vosoritide.
- Collaboratively engage with regional community stakeholders including healthcare professionals, patient advocacy groups and patients to ensure integration of their perspectives into all plans
- Develop regional cross-functional strategies and tactics to support Vosoritide launch for key Asia Pacific markets
- Lead market development and pre-launch projects including brand development, annual brand planning, conference management and other key projects as assigned
- Liaise with global and regional commercial, medical affairs and other functional colleagues to gain alignment on objectives, advance projects from inception to completion, and ensure pull-through
- Day-to-day agency interactions and management of key deliverables and launch tracker
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum 7 years of marketing experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Market understanding of key APAC countries such as Japan, Australia, Taiwan and Korea
- Successful launch experiences in specialty products and preferably rare disease areas
- Previous experience in Pediatrics and Genetics is preferred
- Experience in marketing new technologies and novel therapies
- Experience in project management (including budget and timeline management), implementing regional tactics and communicating brand plans is a must
- Knowledge of operations/processes that are critical to omnichannel marketing in pharma such as close loop marketing, customer engagement orchestration, brand planning, multichannel plan development, key account management, etc.
- Passion for and genuine commitment to supporting rare disease communities
- Proactive, adaptable and agile approach with strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically
- Successful experience in collaborating with project teams and successfully facilitating cross-functional communication and decision making, while ensuring strong stakeholder alignment
- Willingness to travel internationally, +/- 15% of time
- Bachelors, preferably in life sciences
- MBA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.