Manager, Commercial Learning and Development (L&D), APACLocation Wanchai, Hong Kong SAR Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Title: Manager, Commercial Learning and Development (L&D), APAC
The Commercial L&D Manager is responsible for planning, customizing and executing training programs for APAC Commercial Operations and the position will be working closely with Global Commercial L&D team to bring up-to-date training programs to APAC.
This key role will be partnering closely with Regional Brand Team to implement plans for execution based on global brand strategies within the Field Sales Organization and collaborating cross-functionally including Sales, Marketing and Medical Affairs to assure that created programs and materials will deliver the appropriate message to the customers. Besides, this role will work closely with APAC HR Business Partner to conduct needs analysis and plan and develop training programs for APAC employees (e.g., leadership, soft skill trainings, etc).
The ideal candidate will have prior solid training experiences in pharmaceutical industry and rare disease experience is a plus.
New Hire Training & Development for APAC Commercial New Hires
- Develop and lead a comprehensive on-boarding program for APAC Commercial Operations new hires
- Work closely with the Global Commercial Learning & Development team to ensure alignment
- Lead and customize the execution of training modules for newly hired Commercial Operations personnel
- Refine new hire training roadmaps to reflect current needs of the product messaging for all audiences
- Evaluate new hire curriculum for continuous improvement for BioMarin products
- Work with the Country Managers and regional Marketing and Medical Affairs teams to ensure new hire readiness - especially for Commercial Operations personnel
- Work with APAC HR Business Partner on providing on-boarding trainings for all new hires in APAC on information pertaining to Commercial Operations as needed
Tenured Commercial Operations Personnel Training & Development:
- Evaluate and consult with APAC Commercial Leadership Team on training needs annually or as needed
- Partner closely with the Global Commercial Learning & Development team to ensure alignment and provide feedback for APAC training needs
- Work closely with Country Managers and Sales Managers to identify the training needs for selling skills & product knowledge and plan for appropriate trainings, coaching and pull-through of training initiatives to field-based personnel
- Facilitate and execute the learning process via workshops, webinars, conference calls, one-on-one coaching sessions, and written communications to ensure Commercial Ops personnel are competent in the areas of product knowledge, compliance, sales presentation skills, customer service, and communicating the value of BioMarin products where applicable
- Plan, customize and conduct/execute workshops at regional meetings and national meetings in collaboration with BioMarin Commercial Leadership
- Conduct regular review on curriculum/learning programs for continuous improvement
- Work with cross-functional teams to set objectives for continuous improvement of sales force effectiveness, message delivery, knowledge, sales skills, etc.
- Facilitate the development of training materials for new indications, new products, competitors based on global materials and tools
- Liaise with vendors, internal and external partners and provide appropriate training management where necessary
- Participate in ongoing assessment of training needs with the field force, marketing, and medical
- Provide on-going training on new policies and procedures, as needed.
- Work with APAC HR Business Partner to develop and execute learning programs for Commercial and non-Commercial team members as per learning needs in APAC
- Work collaboratively with compliance, legal, medical and regulatory to ensure training materials and practices adhere to corporate guidelines and policies.
- Bachelor’ degree required; training and education related major or science background a plus
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated successful sales or sales training experience in biotech or specialty areas of pharmaceuticals (e.g., oncology, cardiovascular, rare diseases etc.)
- Previous experience in planning and execution of training for pharmaceutical/biotech sales organization (would include field-based/regional sales training experience)
- Sales and Marketing experience with new product launches Experience in orphan diseases/biotech a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively cross-functionally
- Creative problem solver
- Can persuade and influence others; manage conflict appropriately
- Passionate about learning and able to share/communicate that passion with others
- Can manage multiple projects and priorities at once
- Able to balance between strategy planning with tactical work
- Good planning and organization skills
- Organizational savvy
- Sense of urgency
- Technically proficient including use of the iPad, PowerPoint and Excel