Director, Marketing, APACLocation Wanchai, Hong Kong SAR Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Director, Marketing, APAC is the APAC Marketing Lead. (S)He is Responsible for the strategic brand direction and development of BioMarin in-line and pipeline products in the region, as well as building a highly functioning marketing organization for the present business and future growth.
- Responsible for leading a team of Regional Brand Leads for BioMarin products in Asia Pacific, by providing guidance and direction to the team members, to ensure maximization of business opportunity and market shares in the region.
- Responsible for providing direction on the strategy and execution of commercial planning for BioMarin pipeline products; provides guidance to global teams on pathway for timely commercialization of pipeline products in APAC region.
- Works closely with functional heads of Regional Medical Affairs, Market Access, Sales Operations and Country Managers to maximize effective execution of brand plans.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders such as Global Brand Management team, Compliance, Core Teams, and other Global and Regional teams to ensure APAC interests are secured.
- Manages budget appropriately for the growth of the APAC business.
- Manages the PRB processes with the marketing team members.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of Regional and Global (APAC portion) Business Review and Business Planning Meetings.
- Identifies market research needs and allocates appropriate resources to meet those needs.
- Works with stakeholders on pricing strategies.
- Works with external stakeholders to enable commercial accessibility of BioMarin products, including medical KOLs and patient advocacy groups.
- Responsible for excellent training and development programs for commercial operations members in APAC.
- Contributes as part of the APAC Leadership team
- Bachelor in Business, Arts or Science; MBA and/ or a health-related degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of related experience in pharma or biotech commercial activities including marketing, sales, marketing research or related areas.
- Orphan drug and/or rare genetic disease experience beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic team environment. Strong leadership and analytical skills, solid general business skills and a good understanding of the Asia and global pharmaceutical markets.
- 35% traveling (including International and APAC)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.