Brand Manager, CLN2, APACLocation Wanchai, Hong Kong SAR Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Regional CLN2 Franchise Product Manager is the leader of the CLN2 Marketing efforts and is responsible for Brineura in Asia Pacific, designing and executing the brand plan, strategy and tactics to meet the business objectives. In addition, the PM will assist the Market Planning Manager with pipeline projects within the same franchise. In 2019, the focus will be the launch of Brineura in various countries of the region.
• Develops brand strategy and plan for Brineura that is suitable for countries in Asia.
• Plans and executes activities in the tactical plan. These activities include but not limit to: disease awareness material development and continuity, product promotional material, events and other educational activities such as advisory boards, peer-to-peer programs, and clinician education.
• Develops KOLs and KOL plans. Primary customers will include Genetics, Metabolics and Paediatric Neurologists, and in some countries, epileptologists.
• Manages patient and patient societies strategies
• Partners with Sales/Sales Training to deliver high-impact personal selling tools (e.g., through ipad platform or in person) to support non-personal efforts
• Works closely with Medical Affairs, and Country Managers, in planning and executing a cohesive strategy for the CLN2 franchise
• Works closely with Market Planning on market research, physician and patient profiling for pipeline products in the CLN2 franchise
• Monitors and ensures PRB processes are followed and are effective
• Effectively manage the Marketing budget for Brineura. Manages all aspects of promotional/educational materials including print production, receipt and distribution and the targeted events
The Product Manager is part of a Global CLN2 Franchise marketing team, and will need to partner with and coordinate closely with stakeholders from other functions within the global and regional teams to ensure cohesive and targeted messages, plans and tactics.
This position will have 30-35% traveling.
University degree in life science, business and/or economics, MBA is preferred.
Minimum 5 years of related marketing experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with the emphasis on launch experience, ideally within rare disease.
Preferably experience in regional marketing roles.
Proven track record of working cross-functionally (medical, market access, sales) and ability to influence others.
The position requires interaction with:
• Sales & Marketing
• Internal BioMarin functions: Commercial Leadership & Development, Program Management, Clinical, Finance, Manufacturing, Medical Affairs, Market Research, Market Access
• External Service providers: Marketing & Advertising agencies and consultants
• External Patient Organizations
• External Customers: physicians, genetic counselors, lab directors, nurses, pharmacists
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.