Associate Director, Hemophilia, APAC Brand ManagementLocation Wanchai, Hong Kong SAR Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Title: Associate Director, Hemophilia, APAC Brand Management
Location: Hong Kong
Reporting to: Senior Director, Brand Management, APAC
This key role within the APAC Brand Management team will be responsible for leading the overall APAC brand strategy for ROCTAVIAN, the innovative hemophilia A gene therapy, currently being evaluated in Ph III clinical trials.
The position is a unique opportunity to lead and develop innovative & strategic initiatives to drive the success of the brand in the competitive environment, including identifying the right market entry strategy, shaping the right ecosystem at launch phase per markets and building robust commercialization competencies by leveraging the launch excellence framework across APAC. This position requires a mix of strategic acumen, sensitivity and adaptability to a unique therapeutic area, a willingness to roll-up your sleeves, and an ability to mentor & influence others.
This key role will also act as the Regional Launch Lead within the APAC Regional ROCTAVIAN Launch Team and focused on driving cross-functional pre-launch and launch preparations for ROCTAVIAN, currently being evaluated in Ph III clinical trials. This individual will also drive and develop the over-arching APAC Brand strategy by identifying critical business issues and opportunities for growth, leading the cross-functional teams and collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders to prepare for the successful launch of ROCTAVIAN for APAC.
- Define and drive the over-arching 5-year strategic & resource planning for Gene Therapy portfolio for APAC
- Develop APAC commercial strategies and tactics to support ROCTAVIAN launch plan and annual brand planning, and oversee the execution of cross-functional related initiatives in APAC
- Lead the cross-functional Regional Launch Team and collaboratively engage with APAC community stakeholders via country team including healthcare professionals, patient advocacy groups, and patients to ensure integration of their perspectives into all plans
- Lead market development and pre-launch projects including market development, brand development, message platform, disease awareness, HCP channel strategy, and other key projects as assigned
- Lead stakeholder insight gathering initiatives including leading advisory boards and market research projects
- Liaise with global and regional commercial, medical affairs and other functional colleagues to gain alignment on objectives, advance projects from inception to completion, and ensure pull-through
- Day-to-day agency interactions and management of key deliverables
- Solid regional marketing experience and demonstrated strong competencies to drive launch commercialization for APAC
- Proactive and agile, able to work independently and as part of a high-functioning team
- Demonstrated successful experience collaborating with and facilitating launch teams including cross-functional communication and decision making, while ensuring strong stakeholder alignment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and contingency planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically
- Ideally 10+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech marketing experience including 5+ years of product management experience in hematology
- APAC in-country marketing experience (such as Taiwan, Japan, Australia, and/or Korea) is preferred
- Previous experience in Hemophilia
- Hemophilia pre-launch preparation and successful launch experience
- History of meaningful collaborations with patient advocacy groups and health care professionals
- Experience managing agencies including advertising, digital, and market research
- Bachelors, preferably in life sciences or economics
- MBA preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.