Supply Chain Intern
Location United States, RemoteApply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
TOPS Global Procurement is a high-performing, trusted partner recognized for leading and delivering outstanding services and value for the business. The raw materials team specifically focuses on all business-side elements of raw material management, such as ensuring continuity of supply, managing vendor relationships (SRM), contract and pricing negotiations, and implementation of supplier/material strategies for BioMarin.
Single Use Technologies (SUTs) are important materials used in the drug development and manufacturing process. They help to reduce cleaning and quality risks associated with extra process steps and allow for more agile manufacturing. At BioMarin, the SUT category is composed of tubing, filters, bags and assemblies.
BioMarin's SUT portfolio consists of ~600 individual, single-sourced items, many of which are custom. The Technical Associate works to build supply chain resilience and secure production by creating and maintaining a database of generic single use technology items (tubing, bags, filters) that can be used to draft bid packages for use in sourcing. Requests for proposals that can be sent to market will enable sourcing from a diverse set of qualified suppliers. This role will be responsible for transcribing scanned pdf drawings and part lists into generic data elements that can be stored and managed in a searchable database, generating BioMarin owned drawings around these specifications, and supporting other projects as required.
- Basic understanding of biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes, materials, and GMP
- Good working knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and flexible
- Capable of independently executing assigned tasks
- Ability to quickly learn and navigate quality and ERP systems
- Extreme attention to detail
- Analytical skills and ability to work with large datasets
- Maintain training qualification
- Experience with multiple teleconferencing platforms (Zoom, MS Teams,)
- Creative problem solver and team player
- Pursing a bachelor's or higher in supply chain management, business, engineering or science discipline(s)
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Ability to discern the feelings behind the needs and wants of others
- Exhibits curiosity and passion for growth/learning
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Develop professional networks by working in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are passionate about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.