Sr. Manager, Network Capacity Management
Location United States, RemoteWorkstyle Remote Only Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
The Senior Manager Network Capacity Management leads the Network and E2E Product Supply Chain Capacity Management Process, in partnership with the Network Strategy and Value Stream Leaders in Global Supply Chain organization.
The Senior Manager Network Capacity Management is a full-time member of the Network Strategy team with accountability for supporting strategic network analysis projects, feasibility options evaluations, and other strategic initiatives with functions in BioMarin and throughout TOPS.
This function works closely with various partners and must have the experience required to understand the end-to-end supply chain process and network of nodes to design and utilize tools and models.
Key interfaces include:
- Network Strategy Team
- Product Supply Chain Owners (Value Stream Teams)
- Global Operations / Site Operations
- Global Supply Chain Planning
Leadership Responsibilities:Support the Network Strategy team in the formulation and implementation of BioMarin's operations, facilities, and capital strategies.
Support strategic business processes, working in partnership with Value Stream Leaders and Teams, that include overall strategic planning, make vs. buy decisions, site selection, network risk management, and high-level feasibility evaluations.
Analyze business opportunities and challenges within the TOPS organization. Work cross-functionally to develop financial and strategic analyses of decision options and make recommendations to senior management.
- Provide E2E capacity visibility and transparency over the 10-year horizon across the internal and external manufacturing network.
- Provide strategic insights and shape recommendations with key stakeholders to optimize the manufacturing network asset utilization, integrating modality (platform) and product level strategies.
- Partner with PD, CMC teams, Clinical Supply and Value Chain to develop a view on the early development pipeline and assess the impact on future (existing and new) technology requirements.
- Designing and deploying models and tools to ensure timely product availability when preparing and implementing product transfers.
- Capability to produce multi-scenario Capacity Planning results with ease
- Utilization views into finished goods and primary WIP products
- BS/B.Sc., preferably in engineering, supply chain, data analytics or business administration
- APICS certification and/or supply chain education preferred
- Other continuing education initiatives highly desirable (e.g., Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, industry specific coursework)
- Proficient in use of analytical tools to support development of capacity models (Capacity utilization by modality, product, manufacturing step, etc. by year)
- Ability to partner with and influence others without direct authority; build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different departments and all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities successfully and work independently while demonstrating initiative
- Good working knowledge of supply chains / global value chains.
- Subject-matter expertise in ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Good understanding of pharmaceutical industry (regulatory environment, GMP and ICH Guidelines)
- Strong risk management analysis and project management skills
- Effective ability to educate and lead through influence management, team members and cross-functional peers.
- Effective executive level communication (oral, and written)
- Ability to operate globally, across different time-zones, work with global and regional functions.
- Strong ability to make risk-based decisions and escalate to executive management when appropriate.
- Ability to understand the big picture and focus or execute the details to deliver product strategies; strategic thinker with operative capabilities
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 140,600 to $ 210,800 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.