Sr. Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing (Pre-Clinical and Clinical Programs)
Location United States, RemoteApply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin Global Finance Operations and Reporting (GFOR) is growing rapidly with the overall company and developing into a leading edge global finance organization. BioMarin has over $1 billion of annual revenues and operations in over 40 countries that drive significant accounting, finance and information systems complexity. BioMarin has ambitious growth plans and has an enthusiastic global team that is eager to deliver world-class accounting and finance operations services to our stakeholders.
The Global Source to Pay team resides within the finance organization, and partners with the entire company to design and execute category strategies, valuable supplier contracts and relationships, and procurement processes and systems for products and services provided by third parties.
Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) within Global Source to Pay is the center of excellence for industry best practice category management and sourcing for indirect goods and services not directly related to the drug manufacturing process. The group utilizes rigorous processes, procedures and tools for category planning, execution and maintenance for identified stakeholder groups across BioMarin’s global enterprise.
The Senior Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing role focuses on defining and implementing strategies, policies, and objectives related to the Category Management, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management of the Pre-clinical and Clinical areas of spend. Candidates must have a strong understanding of the Strategic Sourcing and Category Management processes, as well as knowledge of the R&D, Clinical and Laboratory Services spend categories. The success of this role is dependent on the candidate’s ability to build strong relationships with stakeholder business partners within the BioMarin WWRD organization, obtain consensus and drive decisions, and structure and realize value from the programs and spend in these areas.
The Senior Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing will report to the Director, Global Strategic Sourcing and Category Management, and will frequently partner with leadership of the broader Finance staff and WWRD stakeholder functions within the business.
- Utilize spend analytics, market research and trends, and supplier intelligence to understand category spend – trends, spread across business and across suppliers.
- Define category strategies and sourcing strategies to gain efficiency and drive quality, value and optimal total cost of ownership within the spend/category and with supplier partners.
- Define and lead cross-functional stakeholder teams to understand and ensure business strategies and requirements are met for the category.
- Execute RFx and supplier selection processes with cross-functional sourcing teams.
- Understand risk elements of suppliers within the category markets, and define/engage risk assessment and mitigation tactics for those risk elements.
- Develop, negotiate, support, and manage global contracts with suppliers in line with stakeholder / business needs and sound contracting structures and terms.
- Quantify and report savings/value of category contracts and spend and related supplier relationships; understand and measure compliance with, and utilization of, global agreements and relationships.
- Implement supplier relationship management and governance programs to ensure/increase value and supplier performance and drive innovation within the spend categories.
- Lead development and implementation of internal GSS team processes, policies and tools that support overall team activities and objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, or life sciences; MBA desirable, C.P.M. or A.P.P. desirable
- 10+ years strategic procurement experience with extensive knowledge of category management and advanced sourcing, complex contract negotiations expertise
- Past experience leading multiple categories and sourcing teams within the pre-clinical and clinical space, including a solid understanding of the drug development process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including solid interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical skill set required to drive problem-solving and innovative solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*This job is based in San Rafael but open to a fully remote work style, applicant can be based anywhere in US with a preference for Bay area.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.