Sr. Manager, ERP Learning & Development Lead
Location United States, RemoteWorkstyle Remote Only Apply
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997, we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more. And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin has experienced substantial growth organically since its inception, primarily over the last decade. While this steady growth in both cost structure and staff was essential to BioMarin’s emergence as a leading, fully integrated global biopharma with approximately $2 billion in revenues from over 75 countries, a robust R&D pipeline, operating profits, and world-class technical capabilities through its 3,000 employees; BioMarin leadership desires to optimize the efficiency of its operations for the future through its next phase of growth.
BioMarin launched its “Enterprise Resource Planning” (ERP) enterprise-wide operational initiative in Q1 2022. The implementation of a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is critical for supporting that tomorrow for our patients and our people. An effective ERP system will support bridging our planning, transactional processes, and information to meet the needs of a maturing and growing organization.
Implementing a new ERP system impacts the entire company – putting this system in place is equally complex and transformational. The ERP Learning and Development (L&D) Lead role will be a key ERP team member, instrumental in connecting and coordinating L&D efforts throughout the enterprise in support of our new ERP implementation. In addition to key L&D functions, this position will participate and support broader OCM and PMO initiatives. The ERP Learning and Development Lead will
- Facilitate and support the global design and delivery of new implementation learning programs
- Oversee, develop, and execute a training strategy, plan, curriculum, and related activities
- Identify and escalate training risks / issues, and recommend mitigation options
- Manage the design, development, and maintenance of L&D materials for both in person and digital learning
- Manage training delivery, including instructor preparation (e.g., train-the-trainer) and end user delivery
- Manage training logistics (e.g., dates, rooms, handouts, participants), including coordinating training schedule and planning training events
- Monitor and measure training effectiveness and identifies additional training tactics to support adoption key knowledge, skills, and experience
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor L&D progress to enable the realization of expected benefits of the ERP change program and report on the status to the program leadership
- Build relationships and work closely with stakeholders to identify and address concerns related to the change program
- Foster routine interactions with end users and leadership to ensure all impacted roles have clear expectations of the new implementation learning program and outcomes
- Provide effective leadership to the change program throughout the project life cycle, assist in resolving conflicts, and ensure high team performance as it relates to organizational change and L&D deployment
- Support the deployment of the change management strategy – including change impact assessment, change management plan, engagement and communications, change progress measurement, and change readiness components
- Support development and implementation of processes for enabling the transfer of standardized practices to build internal change leadership capability
- Identify, analyze, and prepare risk mitigation tactics to manage anticipated and persistent challenges of the new solution
- Collaborate with BioMarin training and business resources in the design, development and delivery of training requirements where needed
- Assess the realization of expected benefits of the ERP program in conjunction with project leadership, and capture lessons learned to enable improvement throughout the program
- Integrate program learning materials and courseware into standard onboarding and role-based learning plans
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and encourage stakeholders to embrace change as a way to drive growth and innovation
The ERP Learning and Development Lead role will be a challenging role that requires a dynamic set of business and leadership skills, including the following:
- Strong foundation in L&D efforts (e.g., methodology / approaches, tools, etc.)
- Experience in leading L&D for similar initiatives
- Strong analytical, project management, prioritization and planning skills
- Knowledge and experience deploying change management methodologies and practices
- Ability to understand and empathize with stakeholders
- Great collaborator across all BioMarin, Systems Integrator, and SAP personnel
- Effective communication, persuasion and influencing skills at all levels
- Ability to use data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to anticipate change management and L&D challenges, and help program leadership resolve them quickly and efficiently
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships, influence others, forward looking with a holistic approach, and move toward a shared vision and goal
- Other desirable attributes include work experience in a similar transformational effort, such as an ERP S4/HANA program or similar enterprise/local deployment in the bio-pharma context.
Remote-based role requiring travel dependent on business needs. BioMarin is headquartered in San Rafael, CA.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 125,600 to $ 188,400 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.