Senior Field Clinical Coordinator – LSD/Achondroplasia
Location United States, RemoteWorkstyle Field Based Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Senior Field Clinical Coordinator-LSD/Achondroplasia (Sr.FCC) works closely with assigned clinics, BioMarin field sales organization, BioMarin RareConnections, Home Health Care, and Clinic personnel to ensure safe and appropriate use of marketed products as defined by the package insert. In this role, the (Sr. FCC) assists with assigned patients to ensure understanding of the prescribing clinic’s treatment plan. As part of both live and virtual interactions, they provide product, and disease-related education and make sure that patients are aware of BioMarin patient-directed resources that can assist in achieving improved patient outcomes.
- Liaises with Assigned Patients
- Meets new referrals and establishes methods and frequency for direct patient communications (e.g. personal visits, telephone calls, email, other)
- Informs BioMarin affiliates of appropriate patient communications and follow-up approach on an ongoing basis
- Reinforces Treating Clinic Protocol
- Communicates with clinic personnel on educational objectives and treatment plan for individual patients
- Facilitates communication between the patient, the clinic and BioMarin RareConnections to ensure continued access to the product in accordance with the treating clinic’s protocol.
- Supports Patient Efforts to Meet Treatment Objectives
- Follow-up education on yearly testing requirements, clinic appointments, and co-morbidity awareness for patients receiving BMRN products for LSD.
- For ACH, provide disease and product education to achondroplasia patients and their caregivers in support of starting therapy with 2 in-person training sessions to reinforce the education provided by the prescribing clinic.
- Referrals back to RareConnections Case Managers for reimbursement and logistical assistance.
- Referrals back to prescribing clinic for follow-up and clarification of treatment plan.
- Conducts Patient-Level Education
- Provides detailed training about appropriate BioMarin product therapy – efficacy, safety, dosing, administration, storage, etc
- Utilizes PRB-Approved materials to address patient questions about the role of the product in treating the clinical disease state for which the product is FDA approved
- Responds to patient and clinic inquiries about BioMarin RareConnections and other BioMarin-related support programs
- Evaluates patient comprehension of key product and support program information and reinforces patient-specific plans as defined by the treating clinic
- Enrolls referrals in BioMarin-related patient education and informational programs as desired by the patient or caregiver
- The FCC will also be expected to attend live in-person patient education events for ACH.
- Conducts Education to Allied Health Care Professionals
- reviews product specific in-service education to Home Health Agency RN’s that are administering BMRN approved products yearly and with changes in providers
- In-service education to existing and new treatment clinics yearly and when initiating treatment for new sites
- Conducts yearly in-services with BMRN Specialty Pharmacy Network members
- In addition to the education of patients, the FCC will conduct live training to the clinic staff who will be training patients in conjunction with the Instructions for Use approved by the FDA.
The position is commercial with responsibility for interfacing with patients/families, clinic personnel, patients/families, Home Health Care, Specialty Pharmacies, and BioMarin RareConnections.
Senior Field Clinical Coordinators-LSD typically support 30- 40 patients who are on chronic therapy w Vimizim and/or Naglyzme and 5-10 newly diagnosed patients/year and previously naïve treatment clinics
For VOXZOGO, the Senior Field Clinical Coordinator will provide disease and product education to achondroplasia patients and their caregivers in support of starting therapy with 2 in-person training sessions to reinforce the education provided by the prescribing clinic.
For a subset of these patients, on going in person support will be warranted. In addition to the education of patients, the Sr. FCC will conduct live training to the clinic staff who will be training patients in conjunction with the Instructions for Use approved by the FDA. The Sr. FCC will also be expected to attend live in-person patient education events.
- Education and prior work experience as an allied health care professional
- Bachelor of Science or work experience equivalent
- Direct patient care experience and comfort with peer-to-peer clinical discussions involving individual patient cases
- Relevant pharmaceutical or device manufacturer experience desirable
- Fluency in Spanish language skills desirable but not required
- Demonstrated ability as strong team player
- Demonstrated adaptability in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated compassion and empathy to patients
- Demonstrated self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication and follow-up skills
- Familiarity with different types of patient adherence tools and approaches
- The position is field based covering clinics and their assigned patients. Senior FCC’s –LSD/Achondroplasia work out of their home and typically visit with patients face-to-face in their home environment.
- Field meetings with Home Health Care agency nurses and clinic personnel occur in external work environment settings.
- 65-70% travel (principally car and air) required in association with carrying out duties with assigned clinics and patients.
- Some additional domestic travel is required for internal and professional meetings
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.