Senior Clinical Director- Strategy, Scientific Collaborations and Policy
Location United States, RemoteApply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ live
Reporting to the Executive Clinical Director, Worldwide Research and Development (WWRD) Strategy, Scientific Collaborations and Policy (SSCP), the Senior Clinical Director, Strategic Risk Management (SRM) will develop and lead Expert Advisory Councils to obtain critical insights in support of program strategy and decision-making.
- Lead cross-functional risk and opportunity assessments for assigned programs ensuring focus on the most important issues impacting WWRD strategy and key decisions.
- Define Expert Advisory Council (EAC) needs for assigned programs based on business priorities, and lead strategy development for EACs.
- Plan EACs including cross functional meetings to generate content and align on key objectives.
- Ensure activities and outputs are targeted, and impactful to support strategic decision-making through the lifecycle of assigned programs
- Assess EAC feedback and learnings, and define critical next steps for socialization and assessment through governance, as well as impact to business priorities and resources
- Identify, maintain, and manage a high caliber roster of experts ensuring continued relationship development and appropriate and impactful relationships
- MD or PhD with experience in research & development is preferred (close equivalent will be considered).
- Minimum of 6 years of experience.
- Ability to influence without direct management accountability
- Visionary, ability to think outside the box, ask the right questions, detail oriented, action driven, timely and responsive
- A confident yet agile personality, and ability to work in a dynamic environment is required.
- Ability to manage internal and external networks in a matrixed environment is required.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of R&D processes and the global landscape and key issues for biopharmaceutical science and innovation is required.
- Strong experience in crisis/issues management and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, global matrix environment is required.
Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.