Senior Account Manager, PKU (Boston)
Location United States, RemoteWorkstyle Field Based Apply
Who We Are
Our Commercial organization leads our global sales and marketing strategies around the world. Our integrated team continues to solidify BioMarin’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Senior Account Manager, PKU (Boston)
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
At BioMarin, we aspire to lift the voice of our patient community the same way they inspire us to keep researching and moving toward the exceptional with science. We celebrate the people we serve and in the face of obstacles, BioMarin sees opportunity. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The PKU Account Manager is responsible for maximizing sales of BioMarin commercialized products in their area. They must maintain a high level of education on disease, promote Palynziq awareness, good organizational, analytical, problem solving, and customer management skills are required. Demonstrated ability to gain the cooperation of others by utilizing excellent communication skills is required. Focus on coordination of care with excellent follow-up is essential. Individual must be flexible and adaptable to new situations with sensitivity to the potential constraints of a dynamic commercial organization. Must be goal oriented with the ability to meet and surpass aggressive but achievable sales targets. Demonstrates a high standard of performance and compliance in the organization.
- Achieve territory sales goals, market penetration, and profit targets on a quarterly & annual basis.
- Create and implement an effective territory business plan to guide strategy, outline specific tactics, increase disease awareness, increase product education, and track progress throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all key customers including Target HCPs, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Dietitians, Genetic Counselors and ancillary staff.
- Proficient communication with external customers and internal stakeholders both in person as well as via virtual platforms.
- Provide leadership through example to fellow PKU Account Managers.
- Demonstrate sound fiscal responsibility within assigned territory.
- Actively participate in business planning meetings, disease awareness efforts, and professional society meetings as assigned.This will include some weekend commitments.
- Become an expert in PKU and Palynziq data and be able to verbalize its significance to others.
- Provide field insight to internal business partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts.
- Demonstrate leadership within internal teams, with ability to influence without authority.
- Act in compliance and adhere to all company compliance policies assigned to the PKU Account Manager.
- You will represent BioMarin and our commercial values: Patient centricity, innovation, ethics, respect, accountability, and continuous learning.All actions and behaviors will be guided by these values.
- Ability to manage a multi-state territory with diverse customer base.
- Overnight travel is required and will range from 10%-40% depending on the geography and business needs of the territory.Occasional weekend work required.
·Remote selling is required.Candidates must possess the ability to communicate with customers through virtual meeting platforms.This skill is critical to job performance as virtual selling methods include clinic meetings, internal account team calls and patient education meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-7 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries.
- 3-5 years of experience in biotech/specialty sales involving high cost products.
- Sales experience within hospitals and academic institutions.
- Prior work with orphan-disease products.
- New product launch experience, ideally in naïve markets.
This is a remote position. Territory: New England area including targeted clinics in Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island, Vermont and Connecticut
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 144,000 to $ 216,000 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.