Intern – Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality DesignerLocation Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The Information Management summer intern will work as part of a team to developer Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality related projects. The intern will focus on 3 key projects. 1) Develop a VR Tour of a few of BioMarin’s Manufacturing facilities which may include a deeper dive into the equipment used in each facility, 2) Developer a BioMarin 3D Object development toolkit for AR applications. 3) Coordinate a virtual IM Technology fair to showcase completed deliverables and educate on potential capabilities and uses of VR/AR within BioMarin. Specific subprojects can be tailored to meet the applicant’s specific skills and interests.
- Computer Science Background with prior experience or coursework in a modern programming or scripting language
- Comfort working and communicating in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, collaborative technology environment
- Working knowledge or enthusiasm to learn about AR/VR.
- Experience with Application Development
- Experience with 3D Object Rendering
- Good understanding of intuitive user interface and design
- Programming skills using object-oriented languages
- Experience with using wearables such as HTC, VIVE, Oculus, HoloLens
- Junior or Senior undergraduate level student OR in student in pursuit of a Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.