Intern, TOPS Global Training
Location United States, RemoteWorkstyle Remote Only Apply
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
TOPS Global Training supports the training needs across TOPS in two ways: Continuous improvement of the global training processes and systems in TOPS and maintaining technical training requirements through the employee lifecycle for global functions (e.g., Global Quality, Global Supply Chain and Technical Development).
TOPS Global Training Intern Project: Global Training Process Assessment
The Global QA Training intern will conduct a comparative assessment of the current state of training processes across TOPS, as described in our procedures, work instructions and informal expectations that are identified, under supervision and in partnership with the training team.
Identify alignment and divergence in the major activities in terms of process and outcomes. Evaluate potential solutions for process differences. Draw conclusions from the assessment to increase alignment between TOPS functions.
Anticipated project activities:
- Conduct a mapping exercise for standard training process components (chunks) across functions and identify alignment/divergence in the processes
- Classify common ground and the state of formalization for aligned process components
- Identify divergence in process components and components that need to be further defined
- Interview stakeholders and customers regarding business priorities relative to the requirements
- Make recommendations for process and procedure improvements
- Evaluate existing or proposed Forms for potential move into the Veeva QualityDocs system
- Experience or familiarity with project leadership skills and continuous improvement
- Strong organization and critical thinking skills
- Detail and task-oriented
- Personal drive to persevere in the face of obstacles
- Computer skills and familiarity with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with basic concepts of Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience or interest in Adult Learning Theory, technical training, and curriculum design
- Student in their 4th year of Undergrad or Master’s student pursuing a degree in STEM or business.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional but fun environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
In the U.S., the hiring range for this position is $ 21.00 to $ 30.00 per hour. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.