Intern, Medical Affairs, Learning TechnologyLocation Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
Medical Affairs Learning and Development is an organization that provides internal training and external continuing education.
- Devise approach for managing training participation, metrics and how to visually share for dashboard reports
Learning Technologies and Maintenance
- Responsible for the organization, usability, and maintenance of the 0365, BioLearn, and BioWeb content
- Assist in providing business requirements and testing of Learning & Development technology projects
- Research and inform team of new technology solutions to enhance learning and technology outcomes; seek out and understand opportunities for new, innovative technical and process solutions for L&D
- Investigate trends and best practices in learning development technologies
- Communication Skills
- Able to develop visual representation of metrics (i.e. Power BI)
- Familiar with technologies that could enhance learner experiences (i.e. MS Teams)
- Working towards a degree in Instructional Design or Technology
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are passionate about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.