Intern - Material OperationsLocation Apply
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The Material Operations Intern will work on 1 major or 1-2 minor projects over the 3-month internship. The project will be matched with the intern’s skills and interests. Projects will be focused on continuous improvement in the Materials Operation Inventory Control.
-Creation of visual management tools and training materials.
-Develop new reports to support the Material Operations metrics utilizing Excel and Power BI
Currently enrolled in a university undergraduate or graduate program in Supply Chain Management (or similar)
Computer literacy is required, proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential, experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is desired.
Must possess the ability to perform routine and non-routine tasks under minimal supervision while modeling advanced measures of initiative, self-direction, objectivity and team advocacy.
Excellent documentation, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Positive attitude, independent worker who can contribute in a dynamic team-oriented environment
• Power BI
• Microsoft Office
• 1-3 years of supply chain focus as a student and/or experience preferred
• Technical, analytical, proactive, collaborative and displays strong communication skills
• Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
• Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
• Able to work remotely within United States borders.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
• Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
• Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
• Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
• Develop skills specific to your major.
• Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
• Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are passionate about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.