Intern – GxP ComplianceLocation Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The GxP Compliance group ensures continuous compliance with applicable global regulations and BioMarin quality requirements through periodic assessments of internal operations and external partners and suppliers.
The GxP Compliance team works in close coordination with departments and colleagues throughout the organization. The intern will assist department leadership with specific day-to-day activities, and other departmental projects listed below that will optimize business systems and reporting of relevant information.
- Support the Compliance program for qualifying providers and suppliers
- Participate in process-improvement initiatives
- Enhance current electronic repositories for managing and reporting critical information
- Develop, update and enhance the tracking and monitoring systems for compliance departments
- Support regulatory filings, risk assessments, and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) execution, as needed.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, analytical thinking and displays self-initiative
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills with a continuous improvement mindset
- Full time student working on a bachelor’s degree and majoring in a life science or business focus.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are passionate about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.