Intern, Global Product Strategy
Location United States, RemoteWorkstyle Remote Only Apply
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Intern, Global Product Strategy will focus on supporting launch strategy development and promotional materials.
This is a role for strategic intern who is skillful at bringing together ambiguous data and providing a structure that tells a cohesive story. This individual must have demonstrated strategic, organizational, and problem-solving skills as well as be an effective communicator. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done independently are critical. Must be creative and adaptable self-starter, and comfortable in a growing commercial organization.
- Continue to launch strategic initiatives and promotional materials that link to supporting and preparing for a Global Product Launch
- Gather insights from cross-functional partners (e.g., Brand Management, Competitive Intelligence, Medical)
- Support our current Global Product Strategy projects in Severe Hemophilia A and Gene Therapy.
- Strong strategic thinker who can break-down complicated problems to actionable next steps
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Strong project management
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Mastery of PowerPoint
- Student currently pursuing an MBA, MPH, MS or PhD in life sciences.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
- Ability to work fully remote within the US.
In the U.S., the hiring range for this position is $ 30.00 to $ 50.00 per hour. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 0 to $ 0 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.