Intern - Global Financial Planning & AnalysisLocation Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The Global FP&A team holds a unique position whereby its role in driving detailed financial analysis to support BioMarin’s strategy for all groups and programs worldwide, allows its team members to gain exposure to a thorough understanding of all aspects of the business. In addition to being responsible for delivering our quarterly and annual plans and providing key analytics around our financial performance, the Global FP&A team is often responsible for generating ad-hoc deliverables for Sr. Executives which allows for coordination across many parts of the business – Finance & Accounting, Business Development, Product Development, Treasury, and Investor Relations, to name a few. This team is fortunate to play a unique role in helping BioMarin deliver life-changing therapies to patients that live with serious and life-threatening diseases.
Job Description: Global FP&A Summer Intern
The Global FP&A Summer Intern will support the Global FP&A team to execute a number of initiatives. This will include:
- Assist in developing reporting templates for a wide range of audiences and planning cycles
- Support building out a program-focused reporting “suite”
- Help Finance teams with ongoing process improvement and automation projects, including streamlining training materials
- Manage and maintain the team’s shared document repository
- Energetic, organized and highly skilled with today’s systems, applications and platforms (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work thrive in a team-based environment
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail
- Independent worker and self-starter that enjoys problem solving and takes pride and accountability in their work product
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (e.g. presenting, meeting or workshop facilitation)
- Ability to manage various tasks, priorities and timelines and able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Complex Excel modeling skills
- Degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting or working towards such a degree. An interest in the life sciences and biopharma industry is a plus.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States borders.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.