Intern, Global Digital Operations - BS/MSLocation Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This intern will support Global Digital Operations, a team that supports global and regional marketing teams to execute and monitor impactful digital marketing campaigns via online channels including email, social media and web. The intern will lead a project to formally document, organize and rollout digital operations processes, supporting efficient and scalable ways of working. The role will collaborate closely with digital subject matter experts, vendors and cross-functional business units.
This internship will enable the student to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Partner with colleagues to prioritize, synthesize and document primary digital operations processes in playbooks and/or SOPs that will be leveraged by internal and external partners
- Create a user-friendly internal knowledge center that hosts documents and resources
- Develop training and roll-out plans to drive utilization
- Opportunity to assist with other ad-hoc projects with the various teams in the Digital Operations group
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- A high level of curiosity, accuracy and enthusiasm to learn and understand new processes
- Driven, accountable, a self-starter, with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines; multi-task and prioritize projects
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with concepts of digital marketing, marketing automation, and/or web development is preferred
- Students who are currently in their senior year at university or students who are studying for a master’s degree
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term or has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.