Intern, Global Commercial Hemophilia Business Unit - MBA or PhDLocation Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Global Commercial BioMarin Hemophilia Business Unit is inspired by a hemophilia community and driven to deliver on the ingenuity of gene therapy clinical research and exploration.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The Intern, Global Commercial Hemophilia Business Unit will develop a framework that captures and quantifies impact of unmet need perception to gene therapy uptake in competitive disease areas, keeping in mind stakeholders such as regulators, payers, patients and physicians This is a role for strategic interns who are skillful at bringing together ambiguous data and providing a structure that tells a cohesive story. Typical areas of focus include alignment on framework with key cross-functional stakeholders such as medical, clinical and patient advocacy. This individual must have demonstrated strategic, organizational, and problem-solving skills as well as be an effective communicator. Quantitative, modeling experiences are also required. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done independently are critical. Must be creative and adaptable self-starter, and comfortable in a growing commercial organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES, include but not limited to:
- Develop draft framework based on information collected from cross-functional key stakeholders
- Align and coordinate input from functions on proposed framework
- Develop a quantitative model that shows impact of unmet needs on external stakeholder perception of gene therapies
- Pull through findings to brand plan
- Strong strategic thinker who can break-down complicated problems to actionable next steps
- Ability to work with ambiguous data and provide a quantitative framework to digest data
- Communicate effectively with team members, and the broader organization
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Strong project management
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; paired with strong partnering and performance consulting skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Mastery of PowerPoint
- Completed Bachelor's Degree - ideally in business/marketing or life science; and MBA or in process of acquiring MBA preferred
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.