Intern - Corporate CommunicationsLocation Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
Do you have a passion for doing meaningful work? Do you pride yourself on your exceptional organizational skills? Do you feel free when you are being creative? Do you love having lots of different areas of responsibility? Do you cringe when you see a typo?
If you answered yes to all of the above, we’d love to hear from you. The BioMarin Corporate Communications team is seeking a Summer Intern to work on a multitude of projects to gain a better understanding of what a career in communications entails.
You’ll get hands-on experience on projects like:
- Being on a team to prepare for the launch of the first therapy for achondroplasia, a form of dwarfism
- Being on a team to understand and communicate the unmet medical needs in hemophilia A through a graphic novel
- Updating video content for use internally and on our website and social channels
- Create content for our website, which includes interacting directly with our patients and their families
- Support our international team with content and resources
- Work with an award-winning PR agency to develop social media content
- Writing and editing for our internal website and social media channels
- Maintaining and updating materials for crisis preparedness
- Organizing a digital library of video footage, photos, graphics
- Updating the corporate Style Guide
- Coordinating global All Hands Meetings for 3,000+ employees
- Supporting other projects as needed
To be successful in this internship, you’ll ideally have a can-do attitude and won’t waver when you have to roll up your sleeves on projects. You adapt well to change, and you can shift gears at a moment’s notice. You’re able to think strategically and can work independently. You have a sense of humor. Strong writing, project management skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or Biology background and previous internship experience are preferred
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within 1 year of the start of the program
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship
- Able to work remotely within United States borders
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop skills specific to your major
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff
At BioMarin, we are passionate about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.