Intern - Automation Applications EngineeringLocation Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The Automation Applications Engineering Intern will contribute to the development and support of data collection, analysis, and visualization for operations at the Novato site. As a member of the PI System data team, the intern will be exposed to robust data infrastructure and GMP validation concepts that are core to the biotechnology industry. The candidate will support manufacturing, facilities, and/or laboratory users by assessing user data utilization needs and developing web-based data displays for process monitoring.
- Passion for data (collection, analysis, visualization)
- Comfortable with basic computer science and networking concepts
- Strong communication skills
- Experience following documented procedures
- Experience with thorough documentation of their work
- Capable of taking ownership of a project and finding creative solutions
- Familiarity with the OSIsoft PI System is a plus, but not required
- Pursuing or completed a degree in an engineering or computer system related discipline
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- Able to work remotely within United States borders.
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a commercial biotech company.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
At BioMarin, we are passionate about making a big impact on rare patient populations, and this takes the widest possible range of ideas. To find solutions for the patients we serve, our workforce must represent diversity in all its forms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.