Associate Director, Hemophilia Medical Science LiaisonLocation United States Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position is responsible for assisting with recruitment, development, leadership and ongoing management of the field MSL program including staffing, budgeting, and the development of objectives that are in alignment with BMRN Global Medical Affairs.
Manages training and required resources for successful group utilization of education and research opportunities. Works with team members to develop collaborative working relationships with regional and national thought leaders to position them effectively as advocates for a specific product and disease area.
Assures Hemophilia MSL team is best-in-class with clinical competence and confidence across the MSL group. Identify and support developmental opportunities for MSLs, demonstrate expertise in thought leader development, investigative research, competitive intelligence, and compliant commercial support. Fosters an atmosphere conducive to teamwork and growth.
Provide leadership and direction to the strategic planning and implementation of local research studies, with consideration of national implications. Provide proper support through launch activities. Monitor and assess territory planning, meeting attendance (internal and external), and customer field effectiveness. Develop rapport with internal associates and external investigators. Support Global Medical Lead in GMAF by assessing Hemophilia Institutional Business Planning initiatives at the MSL territory level.
Along with Global Medical Lead in GMAF
· Provide continued professional development for MSLs in Hemophilia disease areas
· Set objectives, provide direction and take responsibility for the Hemophilia MSL activities
· Identification and management of key studies in the region
· Regular communication with direct reports, including field visits, Hem team calls and regular 1:1 calls with each MSL
· Identification of problem areas and the development of plans for resolution
· Support Global Medical Lead in GMAF during the performance review process
Have working product knowledge, awareness of ongoing BMRN Hemophilia sponsored studies, and awareness of the status and data from highly competitive studies and a working understanding of the relevant disease areas that our products support.
Support effective management of operating budgets. Manage administration and communications with MSLs to include expense reports, monthly summary reports, compliance, performance reviews and HR issues.
Actively manage and participate in regional and national medical meetings, MSL training, advisory boards and internal commercial meetings and/or training.
The position is directly responsible for field-based Hemophilia Medical Science Liaison activities and support of the direction of the Global Medical Lead in GMAF . They will interact with a variety of commercial groups as well as others that are research related throughout the organization. Support effective management of operating budgets. Manage administration and communications with MSLs to include expense reports, monthly summary reports, compliance, performance reviews and HR issues.
Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
BA/BS or MS degree in relevant therapeutic area required; advanced degree preferred
Hemophilia disease experience required
· This position requires at least 5 years of Hemophilia experience in biotech/pharmaceutical medical affairs – preferably 3-5 years of Hemophilia Medical Science Liaison experience
· 2-3 years MSL management experience preferred
· Experience in product launch development and execution
· Experience in product strategy and execution
· Knowledge of regulations impacting Medical Affairs and field activities in the pharmaceutical industry.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
· Project management understanding, including decision analytical skills, budgeting
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.